PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Article

sanking
1-Dec-2007, 15:55
Hi,

I have a new article on carbon printing at http://unblinkingeye.com//Articles/Carbon/carbon.html

Text same as in the article at www.magnachrom.com, but with some new images.

Thanks for looking.

Sandy King

BrianShaw
1-Dec-2007, 18:55
Thanks, Sandy!

Nathan Potter
1-Dec-2007, 19:41
Sandy, this is a terrific expose on the carbon process - nicely documented. Thanks.

Nate Potter

Steven Barall
2-Dec-2007, 11:28
Thanks !!!

Ken Lee
2-Dec-2007, 16:24
I live in the Boston area. Where can I see some carbon prints ?

Greg Dejanovic
2-Dec-2007, 17:05
Thanks Sandy. It is very well written article. Something I would like to try.

Cheers Greg

tim810
3-Dec-2007, 04:31
I am a student who has been trying to find some detailed carbon printing instructions so I can start working on a technique. This is a great article, I am working on a sylibus for an independant study that I want to take this spring and I could just use this as a basis for my method. Thank you!!!
Tim

sanking
3-Dec-2007, 13:49
I am a student who has been trying to find some detailed carbon printing instructions so I can start working on a technique. This is a great article, I am working on a sylibus for an independant study that I want to take this spring and I could just use this as a basis for my method. Thank you!!!
Tim

Tim,

Sounds interesting. Best of luck with the project, and don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.

Sandy

sanking
3-Dec-2007, 13:51
I live in the Boston area. Where can I see some carbon prints ?

I don't know. So far as I know there are not many collections of carbon prints in the US. The only large collection I am aware of is the one in the Harry Ransom Center at the University of Texas at Austin. I would imagine that the Getty would also have some, but that is just speculation.

Sandy