PDA

View Full Version : Fuji Quick Changer?

Songyun
12-Nov-2007, 21:07
Does anyone have experience with this holder? I found it on yahoo jp. I looks just like grafmatics, not like fuji quick change system.

David A. Goldfarb
12-Nov-2007, 21:29
Strange. It does indeed look like a Grafmatic. The modern Fuji holder is called the "Quickchange," not the "Quickchanger."

Here is a detailed page on the Quickchange--

http://www.f32.net/Services/Equipment/Accessories/quickchange.html

I'd say it was some sort of bizarre forgery, but the box looks authentic. Toyo bought out the tooling from Singer Graflex, so maybe they bought this too and manufactured it for sale through Fuji. This would be years before the Quickchange.

Songyun
12-Nov-2007, 21:37
more pictures...

David A. Goldfarb
12-Nov-2007, 21:41
The only difference between this and a Grafmatic that I can see is that there seems to be a notch pattern to the left of the frame counter wheel in the first photo in post #3, and that could have been added by a previous owner to identify the holder.

tim atherton
12-Nov-2007, 21:45
cool - shame they still don't make em.... maybe Toyo could be persuaded if that was the case

r.e.
19-Jan-2012, 16:48
I acquired two Fuji Quick Changers today together with two Fuji Spare Sheaf Magazines that Fuji made as an accessory. As noted above, while the name is similar, this is not the same product as the Fuji Quick Change holder.

It is clear that Fuji either acquired the right to make Grafmatics or hired the owner of the rights to make the product. I'd say that the same dies were used except that there are some subtle differences between the Fiji Quick Changers and the Grafmatic that I have. The Grafmatics have seven additional screws holding the assembly together. The only functional difference is that the Grafmatics were made with a counter and the Fujis apparently were not. They operate exactly the same way.

The Fuji Spare Sheaf Magazine is essentially a black box large enough to fit, and containing, six septums. It is a simple but clever idea. It is made of tough plastic, but weighs much less than, and is more compact than, a Quick Changer/Grafmatic, and can be used to facilitate changing out film during a shoot. It is also a handy way to protect spare septums. The person from whom I purchased the Quick Changers says, and I am sure that he is right, that the Quick Changer and Grafmatic septums are interchangeable.

There is very little about this product on the internet. If anyone has further info, especially about when Fuji was selling Quick Changers, it would be great.

johnmsanderson
19-Jan-2012, 16:52
Looking forward to checking these out sometime next week rory

r.e.
19-Jan-2012, 17:06
Looking forward to checking these out sometime next week rory

You can fill me in on your 4x5 stitching adventures at the same time :)

r.e.
19-Jan-2012, 17:26
I just re-read David Goldfarb's second post in this thread and his reference to the first photo in post number three.

It looks like Fuji changed the design of these during their lifetime. My two Quick Changers have neither the five screws that one sees in a line just below the handle nor a counter. Also, if you look at the side, the photo shows two screws. On the Grafmatic that I have, there are three in that position. Because the photo is cut off, there may be a third. But on my Quick Changers, there are only two screws in that position.

Hence my comment that the Fuji Quick Changers, at least the ones that I have, have seven fewer screws than my Grafmatic.

I'll post some photos of the Fuji Quick Changer and Spare Sheaf Magazine design that I have, together with comparison photos of a Grafmatic, in the next couple of days.

Songyun
24-Jan-2012, 08:32
I have acquired a set of fuji quickchange system, really nice... it makes shooting with Chamonix Saber or Gowland TLR so quick and so smooth.

Daniel Stone
24-Jan-2012, 15:54
5 bills buys a good amount of well-used and still capable grafmatics, IMO...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuji-QuickChange-Film-holder-8-septums-holds-more-than-Graflex-Grafmatic-/120847685962?pt=US_Film_Backs_Holders&hash=item1c2315594a

-Dan

Songyun
25-Jan-2012, 09:13
5 bills buys a good amount of well-used and still capable grafmatics, IMO...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuji-QuickChange-Film-holder-8-septums-holds-more-than-Graflex-Grafmatic-/120847685962?pt=US_Film_Backs_Holders&hash=item1c2315594a

-Dan

too expensive...

Tin Can
15-Nov-2021, 11:41
Just got a FujiFilm Sheet Film Holder QUICK CHANGER 45 from Japan and my favorite seller

Yes a near copy of a Grafmatic

Letting it warm up until tomorrow