PDA

View Full Version : B&W filters multicoated

Songyun
12-Nov-2007, 09:37
Does multicoating make a big difference on those B&W filters(red, yellow, green...)?
I found that Heliopan doesn't make any multicoated (red, yellow, green ...) filters. while hoya does have HMC b&w filters.

Bob Salomon
12-Nov-2007, 09:49
Heliopan makes lots of multicoated filters. They are labled SH-PMC and are very effective. They pass over 99.9% of the light striking the filter on to the image plane and the top layer on each side repels dust and moisture to aid in maintaining a clean filter.

Whatever made you think that Heliopan does not have multi-coated filters? BTW, before the current SH-PMC coating technology Heliopan had a multi-coating that was labeled PMC.

There is no B&W filter company. B&W is the abbreviation for black and white in English. The filter company is B+W which were the initials of the two founders of the company.

Songyun
12-Nov-2007, 09:51
Bob, I was referring red, yellow, green, orange filters

Bob Salomon
12-Nov-2007, 10:05

Those are all available with SH-PMC coating. They are not stocked so delivery would be about 30 days from the date of the dealer's order.

SH-PMC coating is available on Heliopan UV, color warming, color cooling, light yellow (5), yellow (8), med. dark yellow (12), dark yellow (15), yellow green (11), green (13), orange (22), light red (25), red (29), circular polarizers, linear polarizers, N.D 0.3 to 0.9, clear protection.

The cost of black and white SH-PMC filters is the same as the UV SH-PMC filters.

I still don't understand why you thought these were not made.

Bruce Watson
12-Nov-2007, 10:10
I've got yellows #8 and #15, Orange #22, and yellow-green #11, all Heliopan 67 mm filters, all multicoated. They work great; excellent filters. All but the #15 are "slim" versions that are very thin and light weight.

Songyun
12-Nov-2007, 10:24
Coz I didn't find these on the market. I have searched a few stores, none of them have these in SH-PMC coating.

Those are all available with SH-PMC coating. They are not stocked so delivery would be about 30 days from the date of the dealer's order.

SH-PMC coating is available on Heliopan UV, color warming, color cooling, light yellow (5), yellow (8), med. dark yellow (12), dark yellow (15), yellow green (11), green (13), orange (22), light red (25), red (29), circular polarizers, linear polarizers, N.D 0.3 to 0.9, clear protection.

The cost of black and white SH-PMC filters is the same as the UV SH-PMC filters.

I still don't understand why you thought these were not made.

Bob Salomon
12-Nov-2007, 10:46
Coz I didn't find these on the market. I have searched a few stores, none of them have these in SH-PMC coating.

You should always check with the source as no store can carry all of our products. There are simply too many.

In the case of the black and white filters we don't have enough interest to carry the SH-PMC ones in open stock but Heliopan fills our orders rapidly so at the outside delivery is normally within 30 days of your dealer's order. If the order is placed immediately before our monthly air shipment from the factory then delivery could be within 10 days. It all depends on when the order is placed. Our next Heliopan shipment will leave Germany by air on Friday and will clear Customs and be in house by next Wed. So, if you were to order filters that we don't have in stock so that we have the order by Wed. or Thur. of this week, they would be shipped on this next order.