PDA

View Full Version : RB67 backs on graflok - interlocks a problem?

walter23
20-Oct-2007, 13:07
I don't have an RB, I've only used one for a couple of hours, but I do have an RB67 back that seems to fit a graflex graflok back I have (for one of the small press cameras).

Before I load it up and try to use it, do you think this would work? From what I remember of the RB, it had a nice interlock system that would prevent you from advancing film until you trigger the shutter on the RB. Obviously I would not have this mechanism in this situation, so can I still advance film? Is there a release or something? I know there's a little silver lever on the back but it was so long ago that I used the RB that I can't remember what this does.

Also, it's a 220 back. Any hope of my running 120 film through it?

Amusingly enough I got this graflex back with my 8x10 camera. I doubt I'll be too motivated to set up medium format shots on my monster wood 8x10, but if it will work I'll remove the back and figure a way to attach it to my 4x5.

Glenn Thoreson
20-Oct-2007, 14:39
I believe the interlock Just has to do with removal of the darkslide. It's supposed to be easy to defeat. I use RB-67 backs on my baby Speed Graphics. I try to avoid buying the Pro S variety, as this is the one with the interlock, I believe. The little metal tab must be tripped before you can wind to the next shot. I'm not sure about the 120/220 issue. I never had a 220 version.