PDA

View Full Version : false blues

mattpallante
19-Oct-2007, 13:31
I was printing on a new paper today, (innova fibraprint semi-matte) and some of the yellow highlites turned mag/blue. I printed the file on a different paper (epson photo glossy) and it was fine. Back to innova and problem back. I'm new to digital printing. (epson 3800) What am I doing wrong?

Bruce Watson
19-Oct-2007, 14:05
I was printing on a new paper today, (innova fibraprint semi-matte) and some of the yellow highlites turned mag/blue. I printed the file on a different paper (epson photo glossy) and it was fine. Back to innova and problem back. I'm new to digital printing. (epson 3800) What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like an ICC profile problem to me. Each printer/ink/paper needs it's own profile. Color management is a complex issue. There are a number of books out on the subject. Search around for more information.

Brian Ellis
19-Oct-2007, 16:14
Never used Innova but the paper manufacturer may have a profile for this paper and the 3800 on its web site. You might check and download if it's there.

mattpallante
19-Oct-2007, 17:02
I thought I used the right profile for the paper, had downloaded the innova profiles, maybe I should try the printer driver on a small print and look at it....I like fixin things.