PDA

View Full Version : Drum scanning in Germany?

Martin D.
17-Oct-2007, 11:40
I am looking for a lab in Germany that would scan my 4x5s on a drum scanner AND that would do it cheap, i.e. well below 100€ per scan including all the taxes. Scan specification: 2400dpi, 8bit, Adobe RGB98, with manual curve setting. My target print size is 100x80cm at 305dpi (Lightjet). Anyone a good recommendation?

I could also scan outside of Germany, but the shipping has to be affordable.

I am looking only for drum scanning (no Flextight scans), since I might wish to print the photos larger than 100x80cm in the future.

Ole Tjugen
18-Oct-2007, 01:53
Have you asked on www.grossformatfotografie.de ?

I seem to remember there was a discussion about exactly that not long ago.

Martin D.
18-Oct-2007, 04:22
I really have a problem to find something under 100€. A Flextight scan can cost as much as 100€ in Germany. A drum scan at one of the top places can cost as much as 200€, i.e. almost 300USD at the current exchange rate. So much for our beautiful highly competitive market in the EU.

I could not find any relevant discussion at the German LF web site, but I will ask.

Antonio Corcuera
18-Oct-2007, 04:36
www.precision-drum-scanning.co.uk is excellent, can't remember about their pricing. Anyway, if you are not in a hurry and have a good number of scans to justify shipping overseas, Danny Burk will raw drum scan at 2400-8 bit for under $70, which is hard to beat.