PDA

View Full Version : Ilford MG500head on Durst L1000. How?

Anders Lagerklint
10-Oct-2007, 00:55
Hi!
I just got my hands on an Ilford MG500 enlarger head and I`m planning to use it together with my Durst L1000 enlarger to do mostly 4x5". But when the MG500s where made they where sold together with adapters and light boxes for the specific enlarger they should be mounted on. And it seems to be quite difficult to find any of these unless they`re already in use. I`ve already tried to get information from Ilford and Durst without success.

Does anyone of you handy and skilled people have any idea of how to do? And what`s the important things to remember when doing it?

I would be glad for any small tip on the subject.

Anders L.

Bazz8
12-Oct-2007, 01:06
Anders: the adapter plate on my durst 138s is simply a aluminum plate sprayed matt black with a 5x7 aperture on your 5x4 the aperture would be smaller the unit screws to the plate and the plate mounts to the durst with 2x3/16 screws which hold the head firm ,no problems making a adapter for the 500 head,
then get a RHDesign 500 anylser which mates perfectly to the 500 head with the settings easily being downloaded to theunit and some great printing to follow
regards
Barry Treleaven

John Schneider
12-Oct-2007, 09:39
Contact Ross Tabacoff at pretzelride@optonline.net. He is a former (retired, I think) Ilford employee who worked on the MG systems, and has a small stock of parts for sale. He can tell you what kind of adapter you need.