PDA

View Full Version : suggestions for 5x7 sheet holder storage?

John Schneider
22-Sep-2007, 09:07
After shooting LF for 8 years and collecting too much gear, I'm finally trying to organize my gear storage. I've found that Rubbermaid Media Cases are perfect for storing 4x5 sheet holders; they're protected from bumps, dust stays out, and they store easily on my shelves. Because the holders fit transversely, you can fit something like 20 holders per case, and when you're done there isn't much wasted space inside.

However, I haven't been able to find a comparable solution for 5x7 holders. Sure they will also fit in a Media Case, but because they won't fit transversely, too few fit in each case to make it a workable solution. Does anyone have any solutions they've found?

Nick_3536
22-Sep-2007, 09:24
You mean for home or for travelling?

Mine go into ziplock bags. Then if I'm being neat into my old Ansco 5x7 hard case.

Robert A. Zeichner
22-Sep-2007, 10:19
I have two suggestions: I bought three (now don't laugh) Martha Stewart storage containers at the local K-Mart and they each hold 4 holders in zip lock bags perfectly. These three containers went into the bottom compartment of my rolling duffle and made it to the Canadian Rockies and back without any problem as they are extremely tough and moisture tight.

I also take with me a couple of collapsable insulated lunch bags made by California Innovations. These come with another little cordura insulated pouch for a can of soda (which I use to protect SLR lenses) inside as well as a strap. They fit my film boxes as well as the holders and so I can use them to get film through security at the airport and then later, carry extra holders with me on location.