PDA

View Full Version : Flextight Precision or Scanview Scanmate 3000

rupal
20-Sep-2007, 01:57
Ive narrowed my decision of what scanner to get down to one of these two. I have a choice of buying a Imacon Flextight Precision or a Scanview Scanmate 3000 both at around the same price, & i don't know which one to get. I am more concerned about image quality than speed. And 3000 dpi is more than plenty for what i want to do, also the Scanmate 3000 comes with software & dongle but no Mounting station. Would i notice much of a difference in quality from the two (scanning 4x5 Transparencies) as the flextight is a lot more cleaner & easier to operate, no need to wet mount & no mounting station etc.

rupal
20-Sep-2007, 21:28
I lost the auction for the flextight so looks like the Scanview Scanmate it is. Thanks all for the advice,

Bruce Watson
21-Sep-2007, 05:32
Try asking at the Yahoo group ScanHi-End. Several (many?) users of both scanners there. Lots of scanning experience. Research the archives too -- many aspects of both scanners have been discussed.

jetcode
21-Sep-2007, 08:23
Ive narrowed my decision of what scanner to get down to one of these two. I have a choice of buying a Imacon Flextight Precision or a Scanview Scanmate 3000 both at around the same price, & i don't know which one to get. I am more concerned about image quality than speed. And 3000 dpi is more than plenty for what i want to do, also the Scanmate 3000 comes with software & dongle but no Mounting station. Would i notice much of a difference in quality from the two (scanning 4x5 Transparencies) as the flextight is a lot more cleaner & easier to operate, no need to wet mount & no mounting station etc.

Imacon 4x5 scans are 2040dpi

rupal
21-Sep-2007, 18:27
Imacon 4x5 scans are 2040dpi

Not if i scan in 2 passes.

Spencer Ladd
25-Sep-2007, 21:19
How do you scan with 2 passes?

rupal
30-Sep-2007, 21:15
How do you scan with 2 passes?

Just crop & scan half the frame then the other half with a bit of overlap & stitch them together.