PDA

View Full Version : Innova White Ultrasmooth Gloss problems

Ed Richards
4-Sep-2007, 05:26
Just got my first box of Innova White Ultrasmooth Gloss, in 11x17. First sheet out of the box had surface imperfections, and all of the sheets are curled at both ends, as if they were cut from a very small roll and not flattened. I could not even feed the sheet into my Epson 3800 without flattening it first.

Just a bad box, or is this a general problem? This stuff is way to expensive to have bad sheets.

Kirk Gittings
4-Sep-2007, 13:24
Innova renamed some papers recently. Is that mat or rag glossy? I guess it doesn't matter. It sounds like a bad batch. I would find their rep and complain. I use allot of Innova paper and have never seen this.

Ed Richards
4-Sep-2007, 18:26
Thanks Kirk! This is the glossy. I will see if I can find a rep. It is really pretty paper, I want to make it work.

Ed Richards
8-Oct-2007, 20:29
The Innova rep confirmed that they did have a problem with the interaction of humidity and the backing paper. It has been cured and they are sending me a replacement box of paper. For me, while the surface is not quite as nice as Harman glossy, the better color makes up for it.

Kirk Gittings
11-Oct-2007, 12:07
Correction, Just to be clear, I was in the studio printing a small show today. My experience related above is with the current name of Innova FibaPrint White Gloss (what was called the F-type ??). This is a fine paper, very similar to F type silver prints, some slight bronzing, slightly delicate surface, but great d-max. I have yet to test the newer papers, but I am in no hurry because of this Innova paper is so good. FWIW In use an Epson 4000 with Imageprint.

Ed Richards
12-Oct-2007, 12:55
The Innova White Ultrasmooth Gloss is great - NO bronzing, pretty robust surface, great Dmax. Just got a new box - no curling.