PDA

View Full Version : Hi from LA

g zuili
11-Aug-2007, 21:08
Hi there,

I've been looking on the forum for a long time. Already hooked in APUG and know some of you already.
I'm doing multi format and mostly bw.

Best,
Guillaume

Daniel_Buck
11-Aug-2007, 21:24
Hello! I'm in Culver City!

John Kasaian
11-Aug-2007, 21:25
Welcome from Fresno!

g zuili
11-Aug-2007, 22:05
Thanks !
Daniel, I'm very close to you, Beverlywood.

Daniel Geiger
11-Aug-2007, 22:36
Greetings from Woodland Hills.

Daniel_Buck
11-Aug-2007, 23:07
Thanks !
Daniel, I'm very close to you, Beverlywood.

Yes, quite close indeed! :) I bet there are alot of folks around this area here on these forums. LA seems to be a big place for photography. I guess that's because of all the very interesting scenic areas that are close by!

domenico Foschi
12-Aug-2007, 01:38
Best from Whittier!

athanasius80
12-Aug-2007, 02:07
Welcome from the OC!

David A. Goldfarb
12-Aug-2007, 05:35
Hi Guillaume! Good to see you on the LF forum.

kevin kelly
12-Aug-2007, 05:55
Hello, Guillaume from Ireland and remember to wear a Kevlar vest if you stumble into the Lounge!!!

Enjoy Big negatives.

KK

kev curry
12-Aug-2007, 07:01
Hi from Scotland Guillaume.
Kevlar vest.....Im away to change my underpants:)

Ralph Barker
12-Aug-2007, 07:05
Greetings, Guillaume.

BrianShaw
12-Aug-2007, 08:37
Greetings from The Valley!

g zuili
12-Aug-2007, 09:32
Thank you everybody for that warm welcome !

Marko
12-Aug-2007, 11:48
Another welcome from the Valley!

There's quite a few of us around here, we could even form a group or at least get together some time. :)

Uri Kolet
12-Aug-2007, 13:43
Welcome from Vancouver, Canada; glad to have you here. Cheers, Uri

Daniel_Buck
12-Aug-2007, 14:26
Another welcome from the Valley!

There's quite a few of us around here, we could even form a group or at least get together some time. :)
I think I would enjoy this! I'm the only one (who I know in person) who is shooting large format (or even medium format for that matter!), going out hiking and shooting with my coworkers isn't the same now that I'm shooting so much slower than with a 35mm. I often find myself shooting alone (which I usually don't mind). It might be nice to have a little 'outing' some time, even just an afternoon hike to a nice location, everyone setup and take a few shots, then hike back. We could share our images digitally on the forums, or even meet up a few weeks later to view the photographs. Not any type of competition or 'who's better' type deal, but just some friendly shooting and viewing!

Unfortunately, I work a lot, so I don't get out very often. I've been trying to get out at least one afternoon a weekend!

roteague
12-Aug-2007, 14:59
Welcome from Hawaii.

Marko
12-Aug-2007, 15:14
Unfortunately, I work a lot, so I don't get out very often. I've been trying to get out at least one afternoon a weekend!

Don't we all? :) That's why going out at least occassionally feels so good. At any rate, feel free to shoot me an email or PM whenever you feel like coming up to The Valley. There's a few places around here that'd be ideal for such a gathering.

Doug Dolde
12-Aug-2007, 15:46
I'm also stuck in LA...Simi Valley to be exact. But honestly I hate the goddamn city.

Jim Galli
12-Aug-2007, 17:10
Welcome from God's Country! ....a Los Angeles escapee.

g zuili
12-Aug-2007, 19:17
Thank you all, really.
I'm very open to meet you guys in LA. Why not some drinks one night ?
Best,
Guillaume

Vaughn
12-Aug-2007, 20:05
Welcome from the other end of the state! I grew up in one of the burb cities boardering LA...nice place to grow up, nice place to leave (35 years ago!)

I do miss the body-surfing, though...

Vaughn

DavidFisk
12-Aug-2007, 20:22
Cheers from Glendale

Hugo Zhang
13-Aug-2007, 09:41
Greetings from Walnut!

DavidFisk
13-Aug-2007, 16:11
..nice place to grow up, nice place to leave ...

Vaughn

Isn't that what Boeing said about Seattle......?

g zuili
15-Aug-2007, 14:23
Hi all,

I've been very busy by a last minute show. It will be in Santa Monica, Deborah Page Gallery on Montana, august 23. Will show mostly Van Dyke prints.
Hope to see some of you and have some drinks there...!
Guillaume

Monty McCutchen
15-Aug-2007, 14:58
Guillaume,

I met my wife when we were both living in LA back in the late 80's to mid 90's-she getting her master's up at the Anderson School of Business and me waiting to meet someone getting their master's up at the Anderson school!--or at the very least someone classier than me. As you can well guess that didn't take long.

We both miss it. Versaille on Venice and Motor especially!! Although Paco's Tacos and Roscoe's come in close seconds. Don't miss the traffic I must say.

I will be in Los Angeles on the 24th, 25th for a conference so I will just miss the opportunity to catch the opening. My loss. Good luck with the show.

Best,

Monty

g zuili
15-Aug-2007, 15:04
I'm very close to Versaille...
Thanks Monty

Monty McCutchen
15-Aug-2007, 15:31
I'm very close to Versaille...
Thanks Monty

I could never live close to it as I would probably feel the urge to eat there every day!

My wife who is coming to the conference has already stated rather emphatically that we MUST find a way to wiggle enough time to get over for the Garlic Chicken!

Once again congrats on the show

Monty