PDA

View Full Version : Intro from Raleigh, NC

linuxpng
30-Jul-2007, 13:19
I've lurked on the board for awhile now and posted a little bit here and there. I'm usually not very comfortable with introductions, but the group is so helpful... well here I am.

I'm sort of new to Large Format, I've been with it for about a year now. Previously I've done digital and 35mm black and white. When I got into processing my own film and doing my own prints, it hit me I was using the wrong format. I've been mostly 4x5 ever since. I don't really have a preference for subjects, my wife and I just photograph anything that moves us.

So, thanks again to everyone that's already given me advice.

Steve

steve simmons
30-Jul-2007, 16:18
You're welcome.

steve simmons

Colin Graham
30-Jul-2007, 18:05
What part of Raleigh? I used to live downtown across from the belltower. Welcome to the group.

Donald Qualls
30-Jul-2007, 18:15
And I'm just up the road a piece (well, about an hour on I-40) in High Point. :)

linuxpng
31-Jul-2007, 19:58
What part of Raleigh? I used to live downtown across from the belltower. Welcome to the group.

Over by the Airport. Opposite part of town but I'm over that way all the time.. Nice to know I'm not alone.. I haven't found other Large Format shooters yet.
Steve

Dorothy Blum Cooper
25-Sep-2007, 02:29
Better late than never, right? Just saw your post. Welcome!

Nice to know I'm not alone.

Hubby & I are just north of Raleigh (a town not many have heard of :rolleyes: ) But we're in Raleigh alot...does that count? :D

Again, welcome!

Michael Rosenberg
25-Sep-2007, 13:06
Steve,

Welcome to the area. I am over in Chapel Hill.

Regards,

Mike