PDA

View Full Version : I'm proud to announce....

SAShruby
20-Jul-2007, 11:06
Hello my dear friends,

I have an liitle announcement to make. I officially reached first milestone in publishing myself. it's called:

www.peterhruby.ca (www.peterhruby.ca)

This site will be devoted to my LF Photography. I'm excited. I just put myself on the chair and computer for next 2-3 months.:D

Jorge Gasteazoro
20-Jul-2007, 12:17
Hello my dear friends,

I have an liitle announcement to make. I officially reached first milestone in publishing myself. it's called:

www.peterhruby.ca (www.peterhruby.ca)

This site will be devoted to my LF Photography. I'm excited. I just put myself on the chair and computer for next 2-3 months.:D

Perhaps you might want to resize the images so that the entire picture fits in the screen. I hate it when I have to scroll so that I can see all the image. Best of luck with your web site.

SAShruby
20-Jul-2007, 15:35
Thanks Jorge,

This one is temporary just to test if it works. I will replace it with temporary one.;)

Marko
20-Jul-2007, 21:15
Every website is temporary. Those that are not are permanently under construction.

:D

Brian Ellis
21-Jul-2007, 09:55
When I click on your link all I get is a page that welcomes me to my new virtual private server and suggests that I read more about how to use my new server.

Ken Lee
21-Jul-2007, 12:50
"Perhaps you might want to resize the images so that the entire picture fits in the screen. I hate it when I have to scroll so that I can see all the image. Best of luck with your web site."

Some sites will tell you that they are optimized for a certain monitor resolution, like 1024x768 or what-have-you. Nowadays, as higher resolution monitors become more widespread, the web developer can get away with providing bigger images.

Sites that cater to the general public need to account for older machines and people with limited vision. They target their presentation even lower, to 800x600 - much to the vexation of those with newer or more robust equipment.

I can almost see each image within 1 screen, because my 3-year-old laptop is set to 1280x960, and many modern monitors default to 1280x1024. Sooner or later, it will be hard to purchase a monitor with anything lower than that.

Andrew O'Neill
26-Jul-2007, 17:52
I click on the link, sit there forever only to get a page that says "this page cannot be displayed"...

Turner Reich
26-Jul-2007, 23:04
Let us know when it is going to be up and running.

tr

Pete Watkins
27-Jul-2007, 00:32
I'm getting the same as Andrew.
Pete.

scott_6029
27-Jul-2007, 06:58
Not running yet?

Eric Rose
27-Jul-2007, 07:17
another skidding burnout on the information superhighway LOL.

neil poulsen
27-Jul-2007, 17:56
Can't bring it up. neil

Sylvester Graham
27-Jul-2007, 18:23
I think this is more of publishing inchstone than a milestone.

Armin Seeholzer
28-Jul-2007, 02:04
Please anounce it when its finish I have better things to do then just look on a blank page!!!
Armin

Marko
28-Jul-2007, 08:22
Please anounce it when its finish I have better things to do then just look on a blank page!!!
Armin

Yeah, like making sarcastic comments about it... Come on, guys, none of you criticizing him have a website to write home about. Not even close. If you can't help, why ridicule?

Peter, as I told you in the PM, I will be happy to help you with advice and peaces of code to make your site work, if you want it. Just drop me a note.

Clay Turtle
28-Jul-2007, 08:56
Eh, was their suppose to be something besides a black background with small lettering in a dark red colour? One aspect of website & photography is based on contrast . . . like the old joke 'What is black & white and red all over? Answer: a newspaper.
I put up a couple of pages a few years ago & in those limits I found two (too many) main problems with the web.
1) I soon became aware that dark backgrounds look good if presented right but not all browsers present things the same way which is why you are hearing 'take it to someone whose profession is dealing with web codes' & how to effectively code your site so it will look at least good to the common variations in browsers, systems (ie, Microsoft or otherwise, monitor types & screen resolutions)
2) File size and download capacity! Don't fill the page with large jpegs. files. Style sheets aside, give some story or something of interest to read while the jpegs, giffs or what ever load. Use smaller dpi - compressed formated thumbnails that are linked to larger sized [dpi] files that if they want a closer look then they can download particular fies for viewing but take care they may simply save to file so they can print without your consent.