PDA

View Full Version : polaroid 550 and fuji fp-100c45

thedeep
10-Jul-2007, 18:34
(don't know if this is the right category)

so I tried putting some fuji fp-100c45 into a polaroid 550 back today. I've used polaroid pack film in a hasselblad polaroid back before, and didn't have any instructions so I did what I thought was the right thing, but obviously I'm here, so...

I put the pack in facing the right way, with the black strip sitting out the business end of the holder and closed it, making sure to keep the white tabs inside. I pulled the black strip, but no white tab came out the slot. What did I do wrong?

the black strip did not sit in the slot, but between the halves of the holder.

will opening the back fog the pack, or will I just lose the top sheet? This stuff is expensive at almost $3.50/sheet!

thanks!

Dirk Rösler
10-Jul-2007, 18:46
I think only top sheet will be wasted. I recommend the Fuji holder for pack film (PA-45 I think).

thedeep
10-Jul-2007, 18:56
can I still salvage this pack? I've read that the 550 holder should work.

what should I do now, thread the white tab through the pack halves join?

also, did I do anything wrong?

thedeep
10-Jul-2007, 19:44
okay, pack and top sheet salvaged as I opened it up in a changing bag and felt around for the top white tab, put in in place and closed it up.

so it looks like the adhesive that joins the white tabs to the black strip wasn't that strong...I wonder if this is common?

Donald Qualls
11-Jul-2007, 13:58
This kind of thing happens from time to time with all Polaroid type pack films -- the 3x4 size camera manuals include instructions how to rectify the problem if the white tab doesn't appear, you get two white tabs, etc. Sounds like you did exactly right -- open the holder, unfold tab 1 so it pokes out, and close the lid.

Supposedly, you can do this in a 3x4 camera in "subdued light" without fogging even the top sheet; the pack and camera form a sufficient light trap that as long as you don't lift the pack, it remains light tight. I don't know if this is true with a 550 or not.

Sam Brightwell
14-Oct-2010, 13:58
Hi there - just found your question, thedeep, and I have exactly the same question, as I'm new to this format.

But how did you even get the Fuji FP-100 pack into the 550 holder? I can't even see how that is possible.

I know this is an old thread, but I'm hoping someone will pick up on it. I've bought all this equipment and I can't even use it. I'm itching to get shooting with it too.

thedeep
14-Oct-2010, 14:32
honestly, I can't even remember. The last time I even touched my lf setup was three years ago.

from the haze, I can recall this much: it does work. There is some fiddling you have to do to get the right placement for the pull tabs and initial dark cover. There might even be some element of force required for the cover (think gentle, but firm). Maybe someone can post pics (I'm not even in the same zip code as my gear)?

John T
15-Oct-2010, 01:54
Sam,

Are you using FP100 or FP10045 film? The FP100 goes into the 405 type backs not the 550's