PDA

View Full Version : View Camera July/Aug 2007

steve simmons
22-Jun-2007, 13:35
Our July/August 07 issue is being printed as we speak and will be mailed next week

I have attached a PDF of the cover and the table of contents are

6 Dick Arentz: Blending Vision and Technologies
by Sarah Coleman

12 Scott Davis: The Quiet and Darkness of Night
Photographs and Text by Scott Davis

17 American Triptych
Photographs by Ann Mitchell

25 Along the 40th Parallel Photographs and Text by Bruce Myren

34 Sunburned
Photographs and Text by Chris McCaw

42 Desert Plant Life
Photographs and Text by Richard Laugharn

46 The New Fuji Velvia 50
Photographs and Text by Ted Harris

50 Wide Format Printers - The Canon iPF5000
by Ted Harris

54 Adobe’s Lightroom:
by John Latimer

60 Using Antique Brass Wide Angle Lenses
by Joe Harrigan

64 Freestyle’s Big Camera
by Ted Harris

This issue contains several foldout pages with landscapes by Ann Mitchell and Bruce Myren, Dick Arentz talking about his use of digitaly enlarged negatives, Chris McCaw talking about making one of a kind photographs, and so much more as you can see from the TOC.

I am off to the pre-conference workshops and to the View Camera conference. We have worked hard for a year to put this together and feel it will be the best one ever. With all of the extra curricular activities in terms of workshops, special session, gallery openings, etc. this conference should have a lot for everyone.

Join us if you can.

thanks

steve simmons

Ron Marshall
22-Jun-2007, 14:48
Looking forward to it!

Capocheny
22-Jun-2007, 22:38
Steve,

I'm ready for my next "fix" and if this months edition is as good as the last several... then I'll be a happy camper! :)

Am especially looking forward to Richard Laugharn's article, "Plant Life" and Ted Harris's take on the Velvia 50.

Keep up the excellent work!

Cheers

roteague
22-Jun-2007, 23:10
Thanks Steve. I'm particulary looking forward to reading about my favorite film, as well as the rest of the articles. I always appreciate the hard work you put into each issue.

Ben Chase
23-Jun-2007, 00:29
Looks like a great lineup - cant wait to see it.

A.C.
23-Jun-2007, 04:53
Steve - thanks for the update...

BradS
23-Jun-2007, 07:09
Steve, Looks like a great issue...can't wait for it to hit the news stands here! Thanks.

Louie Powell
21-Jul-2007, 11:37
Received it today - initial reaction is that it is very good.

But one thing caught my eye immediately - the cover. The wonderful Dick Arentz image. Why it's it straight? I'm sure that a photographer with Dick's experience certainly would recognize that the 'flaw', and so I strongly suspect he had a creative reason for allowing the image to tilt. I wish that had been discussed in the article.

Ole Tjugen
21-Jul-2007, 12:20
I received mine today too. Once again, I'm impressed with the service from TAOS!

I quite liked the piece on old WA lenses, and in the first quick read-through ionly found five glaring spelling mistakes. ;)

BTW, I didn't notice anything "off straight" about the cover picture.

domenico Foschi
21-Jul-2007, 12:31
IS that a negative image?

Brian C. Miller
30-Oct-2012, 23:38
25 Along the 40th Parallel Photographs and Text by Bruce Myren

Bruce Myren (http://www.brucemyren.com/) is still at it, and after a Kickstarter project fund raiser, he's expecting to finish up his project next year.

BMyren
11-Nov-2012, 20:57
Thanks for the post. Just 7 images left to make, working on proof scans this fall. I will be showing the work in Boston in September 2013.