PDA

View Full Version : Apug???

Mike Davis
20-Jun-2007, 11:05
Is anyone else having issues connecting to APUG today? I've tried the domain by both ip and url. I also found the report from whois to be strange (at least from my experience). Was there some upgrade planned or is there a major registration problem?

Mike

David A. Goldfarb
20-Jun-2007, 11:07
There's another thread open on this topic.

I exchanged e-mails with Sean this morning, and he says they are doing a scheduled software upgrade on the server, which is taking longer than expected.

Jon Wilson
It must be down. I just tried it from my end and it won't come up. Jon

Turner Reich
I heard that an off line had been scheduled for the 19th of June so this might be it.

Mike Davis
20-Jun-2007, 12:29
There's another thread open on this topic.

I exchanged e-mails with Sean this morning, and he says they are doing a scheduled software upgrade on the server, which is taking longer than expected.

I thiought that it would be mentioned, but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

Mike

Sanjay Sen
20-Jun-2007, 13:13
There was supposed to be a server move at the hosting provider, at 0200 CST. I guess it's taking more time than was planned for.

walter23
20-Jun-2007, 15:18
Is anyone else having issues connecting to APUG today? I've tried the domain by both ip and url. I also found the report from whois to be strange (at least from my experience). Was there some upgrade planned or is there a major registration problem?

Mike

FILM IS DEAD!

Alex Hawley
20-Jun-2007, 17:27
APUG is back up!

David A. Goldfarb
20-Jun-2007, 17:37
APUG is back up, but there might be occasional dropouts as the techs at Rackspace finish things up.

davidb
20-Jun-2007, 17:44
yeah, now we put our cameras back on the trophy shelf.

BrianShaw
20-Jun-2007, 17:58
APUG is back up!

Was film resurrected also?

Ben Chase
20-Jun-2007, 18:17
FILM IS DEAD!

lol - I dare you to post that over there :)

Brian Ellis
20-Jun-2007, 23:06
Was film resurrected also?

Yes, but it's on life support.

roteague
22-Jun-2007, 18:38
Don't go on there as I can't figure out what an Analog is. I photograph with film.

Then you don't know what you are missing.

David A. Goldfarb
22-Jun-2007, 18:45
Don't go on there as I can't figure out what an Analog is. I photograph with film.

An "analog" is something that makes a more pronounceable acronym than "film," and besides, we wouldn't want to discriminate against plate shooters wet and dry, tintypists, daguerreotypists, paper neg users, and other non-digital non-film users.

Marko
22-Jun-2007, 20:47

Then you don't know what you are missing.

Hopefully, they'll recover so it won't spill over here and we won't find out. :D

Stan. L-B
29-Dec-2007, 08:54
Have been trying to log on the APUG site for some time now without success.
I am a long time subscriber to APUG. I am being told that my user name and password are those of another being!
I have tried to make contact with Sean many times but have never received a reply even to say he has received my pay pal donation.
Could this be a computer type glitch that I can solve from this end?

David A. Goldfarb
29-Dec-2007, 09:04
It's working fine for me. Try clearing your cookies and your browser cache or try another browser in the meantime.

Joseph O'Neil
29-Dec-2007, 10:03
Another thing to do is download the freeware program "Ccleaner" from http://www.ccleaner.com/ Used to be called "crap cleaner" it's been around for a long time (well, in computer terms anyhow).

Sometimes your cache, cookies, and temporary files get so filled up you need a good sweep. Try this and see what happens
joe

Stan. L-B
30-Dec-2007, 04:20
David & Joseph.
Many thanks for the tips, I'll try them.

D. Bryant
30-Dec-2007, 11:56
Have been trying to log on the APUG site for some time now without success.
I am a long time subscriber to APUG. I am being told that my user name and password are those of another being!
I have tried to make contact with Sean many times but have never received a reply even to say he has received my pay pal donation.
Could this be a computer type glitch that I can solve from this end?

Stan,

I had a similar problem a very long time ago and the problem as I recall was something to do with how APUG software processed my login which requirred Sean to do something to fix the problem. Wish I could be more helpful but I thought I might share my experience. IOW, I'm not sure your problem may be local, but as others have mentioned it may be a good idea to clean your system.

Good luck,

Don Bryant