PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Master Technika 3000 ?

Henry Carter
27-May-2007, 06:24
The replacement for the Technika 2000 has been available for several months. Has anyone handled or used one, and can you comment on its wide angle capabilities and ease of use with a 58 mm lens?

Bob Salomon
27-May-2007, 07:50
Henry,

It will work exactly the same as the 2000 with wide angle lenses except that the focusing control for extreme wide angle lenses - 35 to 65mm - has been moved from a lever inside the camera body to a knob outside the camera body.

The other major operational difference is an additional drop bed position so 35 to 75mm lense will not include part of the drop bed when the film is positioned vertically.

It, and the 2000 operate the same for a 58mm. The only set-up difference is there is now an internal infinity stop to pull the front standard to on the 3000 which was not on the 2000.

Ease and speed of use would be identical.

Henry Carter
29-May-2007, 19:39
Thanks for the clarification Bob.

Arne Croell
30-May-2007, 06:13
Henry,

It will work exactly the same as the 2000 with wide angle lenses except that the focusing control for extreme wide angle lenses - 35 to 65mm - has been moved from a lever inside the camera body to a knob outside the camera body.

The other major operational difference is an additional drop bed position so 35 to 75mm lense will not include part of the drop bed when the film is positioned vertically.

It, and the 2000 operate the same for a 58mm. The only set-up difference is there is now an internal infinity stop to pull the front standard to on the 3000 which was not on the 2000.

Ease and speed of use would be identical.

Bob,would it be possible to get the additional drop bed position on the 2000 by exchanging the slotted arms with the 3000 version?

Bob Salomon
30-May-2007, 08:52
Bob,would it be possible to get the additional drop bed position on the 2000 by exchanging the slotted arms with the 3000 version?

That is a question for service not for sales.

marflex@aol.com

tim atherton
30-May-2007, 09:03
That is a question for service not for sales.

marflex@aol.com

presumably the reason they are called Service, and Sales... isn't?

Andrew Mchowell
15-Oct-2014, 00:42
Bob are the lenses for the master technika 3000 still in production?

Bob Salomon
15-Oct-2014, 06:06
Bob are the lenses for the master technika 3000 still in production?

Linhof does not make lenses so they do not have specific lenses for the 3000.

Currently the only analog large format lenses in production are the Rodenstock 135mm, 150mm and 210mm Apo Sironar-S. Rodenstock and Schneider have both discontinued the production of all other large format analog lenses.

Both companies do make digital lenses for medium and larger format cameras although most do not cover more then 150mm except for the macro lens.

Cor
15-Oct-2014, 06:23
Currently the only analog large format lenses in production are the Rodenstock 135mm, 150mm and 210mm Apo Sironar-S. Rodenstock and Schneider have both discontinued the production of all other large format analog lenses.

I was not aware that Schneider quit producing "analog" (their labelling) lenses, at least on their web site they are still there:

http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/en/photo-imaging/product-field/photo-lenses/products/large-format-lenses/analog-lenses/

Or is it remaining stock perhaps,

best,

Cor

Bob Salomon
15-Oct-2014, 06:33
I was not aware that Schneider quit producing "analog" (their labelling) lenses, at least on their web site they are still there:

http://www.schneiderkreuznach.com/en/photo-imaging/product-field/photo-lenses/products/large-format-lenses/analog-lenses/

Or is it remaining stock perhaps,

best,

Cor

They are also still on the Rodenstock site and in the current literature. But they are all discontinued, except for the three that I listed. The web is not always the most current or the most accurate reference.

I will once again post the letter from Linhof dated January 20, 2014 that I posted when it was first received:

"Announcement
Analogue and Digital Lenses - Schneider-Kreuznach
Linhof - Orders and 2014 Price List

Dear valued business partners,

Due to the current market situation and technological developments in recent years in the field of professional cameras and lenses, and the resulting drop in production numbers of the classic analogue lines, the Jos. Schneider Optische Werke, GmbH Photo Department (Schneider-Kreuznach (Germany), along with the Linhof Präzisions-Systemtechnik, GmbH, are officially announcing that the production of all known analogue precision lenses used with medium and large format cameras (including high performance lenses for close-up and macro work) will be phased out in 2014.
This market development will cause significant changes for all involved, both in production and in sales.

1: ANALOGUE LENSES

The corporate decision by Jos. Schneider Optische Werke, GmbH regarding their "Photo Lenses" product portfolio goes into effect 1st February, 2014.

All of the currently listed analogue photographic lenses (listed in: Linhof 2013 Price List) may be ordered for the final time by those interested. Schneider-Kreuznach will be able to produce and deliver these concrete order quantities for each lens type in the second quarter of 2014. As a result, we cannot guarantee the availability of lenses not ordered in January; the availability of individual analogue photo lenses will then need to be requested and then confirmed by Linhof Präzisions-Systemtechnik, GmbH.

The new market conditions and the future limited or discontinued availability for classic ANALOGUE LENSES directly affect all classic large format cameras in general and in particular the Linhof Panorama models "Technorama 617s III" and "Technorama 612pc II".

For this important reason, the product management of Schneider-Kreuznach and Linhof Praäzisions-Systemtechnik, GmbH in Munich, Germany requires your concrete order for needed and future desired analogue lenses (with purchase guarantee).

Please place your orders by 30th January, 2014 at the latest using the official Linhof email address: xxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx or via FAX xxxx xxx xxxx xxx, keeping in mind your future and potential need for analogue medium and large format lenses.

2 DIGITAL LENSES

As part of the restructuring of the Photo Department production capacities of Schneider-Kreuznach, a projection for the period of 1 year (order) for DIGITAL LENSES (Apo-Digitare) is required by 30th January, 2014. As a result we cannot guarantee the availability of lenses not ordered in January; the availability of individual digital photo lenses will then need to be requested and then confirmed by Linhof Präzisions-Systemtechnik, GmbH.

These quantities will then be forwarded to the Jos. Schneider Optische Werke, GmbH Photo Department as binding orders."

Ivan J. Eberle
15-Oct-2014, 14:17
There is such an overabundance of used 4x5 lenses that one need never worry about whether shutters and lenses are still being produced... Enough rolling stock for the next 50 years...film emulsion availability is a much bigger issue.

Andrew Mchowell
15-Oct-2014, 23:42
Apologies I didn't mean to imply Linholf made lenses. Last question and it might seem absurd. Will the digital lenses suffice for film capture?

Cor
16-Oct-2014, 00:58
They are also still on the Rodenstock site and in the current literature. But they are all discontinued, except for the three that I listed. The web is not always the most current or the most accurate reference.

I will once again post the letter from Linhof dated January 20, 2014 that I posted when it was first received: snipperdesnip..

Thanks for the clarification Bob, it was to be expected I guess..

Best,

Cor

Bob Salomon
16-Oct-2014, 08:20
Apologies I didn't mean to imply Linholf made lenses. Last question and it might seem absurd. Will the digital lenses suffice for film capture?

Except for coverage digital lenses will satisfy any requirement for any film size, unfortunately, while all have exceptionally low (Rodenstock in this case) distortion, fringing, fall-off and are exceptionally sharp - especially compared to analog lenses, most won't cover 45 and those that do do so without movements. But many cover 6x9cm.