PDA

View Full Version : FWIW...Tioga Pass is open

Vaughn
14-May-2007, 14:31
Looks like the Pass is open throught Yosemite!

Vaughn

Darren Kruger
14-May-2007, 14:49
According to http://www.nps.gov/yose/planyourvisit/conditions.htm, all the roads in Yosemite are open, including the one to Glacier Point.

other CA mountain highways of note:

CA108, Sonora Pass, open
CA4, Ebbetts Pass, open.

Lassen Park Highway at Lassen Volcanic Park is expected to be open on May 18th.

John Kasaian
14-May-2007, 16:24
I know where I'm going! :D

Brian Vuillemenot
14-May-2007, 17:14
I was just up at Glacier Point yesterday, so I can personally attest that the road is open, as is the Tioga Pass road.

Turner Reich
14-May-2007, 21:59
I know where I wish I were going.

Duane Polcou
15-May-2007, 01:01
I have not been to Yosemite since 1995. Being able to casually mention "Yeah I was there yesterday" must be joy.

kjsphotography
15-May-2007, 01:31
Sonora pass opened a few weeks ago. If any of you swing by let me know as I live about 20 mins from the gates. I would love to meet some fellow artist, and I don't care what format you shoot. It would just be nice to get together.

Kev

Vaughn
17-May-2007, 13:40
I have not been to Yosemite since 1995. Being able to casually mention "Yeah I was there yesterday" must be joy.

It is a 10 to 12 hour drive for me...but I still find an excuse to go a couple times a year! Usually when the pass is closed, though.

Vaughn

Brian Vuillemenot
17-May-2007, 14:21
It is a 10 to 12 hour drive for me...but I still find an excuse to go a couple times a year! Usually when the pass is closed, though.

Vaughn

Hi Vaughn,

I will be in Yosemite for a few days in October with a couple other photographers. The pass will still be open. If you're interested in meeting up to shoot and discuss photography, let me know. I hope your minivan is doing alright!

-Brian

Vaughn
17-May-2007, 14:55
I might take you up on that Brian, but I'll have to sell a couple photographs first to pay for the gasoline it would take! Right now that is beyond my budget. October is when I like to start diving back into the Redwoods -- and they are only an hour and 3.5 gallons of gasoline away!

Vaughn