PDA

View Full Version : Lowepro Slingshot packs

Ed Richards
4-May-2007, 13:39
I am wondering if anyone has used these for LF lenses and junk. The one should design where you can pull the pack to the front and get stuff out without putting it down is very attractive if you work in nasty places.

Ben R
6-May-2007, 14:06
I'm using the slingshot 200, fits a 4X5 Tachi with 2 lenses (3 if they're very small), 3 holders, bits and peices, oh and a Canon 5D with 24-105L lens. As you say, its perfect for working out of when you don't want to put your bag down while going under the darkcloth.

roteague
6-May-2007, 19:28
I've got the Slingshot 200, but never thought about using it for LF work (I will now). I use it mainly for 35mm.

Andrew_4548
7-May-2007, 04:16
One hint - if you wear glasses, it might be safer to take them off before putting on / removing the slingshot - several times I've snapped the lens out of the frame on mine by thinking I can easily slide the strap over my head...

Other than that they're great for carrying stuff round but they can get heavy - my slingshot 200 is full of d******l gear and weighs a ton - hate to think how much I'd try to carry in a 300...

Ben R
7-May-2007, 05:10
Trick is to put your hand under the strap bit over your shoulder, duck your head and lift it up from there and over your head.

Andrew_4548
7-May-2007, 05:51
That's the easy way ;)

Not being the smallest of people, I don't have as much spare in the strap as others...

I tend to forget and remember when I hear the familiar cracking sound :(

scrichton
1-Jun-2007, 14:19
| had this bag down the great clen in a canoe over the week past. Fits in a small dry bag with 4 dark slides viewfinders and a metal MPP camera.

I love the thing. Only my sinar refuses to go in it. every other system I have does be it rangefinder or braodcase video cameras.