PDA

View Full Version : View Camera - May/June 2007 is Going Out

steve simmons
30-Apr-2007, 06:52
Our May/June issue is going out today and the electronic version is up on the web site.

here is the link to the cover and TOC

www.viewcamera.com

8 Ray McSaveney: Selected Moments
by Eric Biggerstaff

16 Shelby Lee Adams: New Work
by Steve Simmons and Shelby Lee Adams

26 Positive - Negative
Text and Photographs by Lorraine Boogich

34 William Corey: 8x20 Portraits
Text by Dana Strout

44 Loosely Based on Memories
Text and Photographs by Sarah Paz Hyde

50 New Desktop Printers
by Ted Harris

54 Matting and Framing Your Prints
by Chuck Farmer

60 Night Photography
Photographs and Text by Tom Paiva

64 Gas Burst Film Development
by Michael Kadillak

We are now putting the password for the subscriber section ON the front cover (not on the retail copy). We will get this updated as soon as we can. I have not done the addition to the Jay Dusard piece as he had a minor heart procedure this Spring and I have not been down to see him.

In future issues we will have some wonderful and new views of the landscape, more info on scanning and new desktop printers, a new staining developer that will work wonders with films like HP5+ (lots of contrast and little overall stain but plenty of stain related to density), and more work that we are finding and building articles around.

We are now putting the expiration date on your address label so you can check for yourself how much longer your sub is going.

thanks

steve simmons

Louie Powell
15-May-2007, 10:03
Has anyone on the Right Coast received the May/June issue yet?

linuxpng
15-May-2007, 12:03
Has anyone on the Right Coast received the May/June issue yet?

If by "right" you mean "east"...no

Scott Kathe
15-May-2007, 12:36
I haven't received mine yet either.

Scott

Eric Biggerstaff
15-May-2007, 12:43
I got mine today in Denver.

kmgibbs
15-May-2007, 12:58
As of yesterday in the Seattle area, I have not received mine. Have checked yet today.

Ole Tjugen
15-May-2007, 13:20
Mine arrived last Friday - in Norway.

Great service from TAOS again!

stevebeyer
15-May-2007, 16:08
No Magazine yet here in Michigan

bshaffer
15-May-2007, 16:20
monday in ky

bshaffer
15-May-2007, 16:22
make that 5-14-07 monday

Peter Lewin
15-May-2007, 16:58
My experience is that NJ gets copies about one month after Steve announces they've gone out. Thus, no sign of May/June yet.

steve simmons
15-May-2007, 19:08
Believe me every publisher in the country would love to have control of the postal system. We do every thing we can to facilitate quick delivery through our printer who has a mailing facility in their plant.

steve

Capocheny
15-May-2007, 19:32
Steve,

Picked up a hardcopy at "Your Mother Should Know" magazine store in Vancouver, BC today!

Can't wait to crack a bottle of red wine and sit back to read it (after the Detroit Red Wings vs Anaheim Mighty Ducks hockey game, Eh?!) :)

GO OTTAWA SENATORS GO!!!!

Cheers

steve simmons
15-May-2007, 19:42
We are always interested in feedback on our work. This is how we learn.

steve

al olson
16-May-2007, 05:27
Mine arrived yesterday, Tuesday, here in the mountains of southwestern Colorado.

Charles Hohenstein
16-May-2007, 19:03
I saw it at Barnes and Noble yesterday and it looks like a keeper. I will definitely benefit from the article on cutting matts.

Payral
17-May-2007, 02:47
Tuesday in France
Thanks TAOS

John Powers
17-May-2007, 05:48
May 14, Bath, Ohio just south of Cleveland.

Great issue. Looking forward to the VC conference.

John

BrianShaw
17-May-2007, 08:29
Still waiting - Los Angeles. Hopefully in today's mail!!

Jerzy Pawlowski
17-May-2007, 09:53
Toronto, still not here.

steve simmons
17-May-2007, 10:08
Toronto, still not here.

I don't kno what this means.

Do you get it directly from us? If so we need to send another

Do you get it from our distributor Rob Skeoch? if so contact him and ask

Ar you waiting for a store to stock it? Well, is this a store that usually carries it? Have you asked the store manager?

I'd like to help but.......

steve simmons

Jerzy Pawlowski
17-May-2007, 11:31
Hi Steve,
I have subscription with you directly. I think I have started just before Rob became distributor for Canada.
Lets wait few more days, in case I will not get till end of the next week I will contact you. Thanks,
Jerzy Pawlowski

steve simmons
17-May-2007, 11:33
Canadians who have a direct sub are now serviced by a company who takes them from the printer directly to Canada where they are mailed internally.

Let me know how this works.
thanks

steve

Peter Lewin
17-May-2007, 13:48
My NJ copy arrived yesterday, 5/16, a definite delivery improvement over the previous issue. I take this entire thread as a back-handed compliment to Steve, since it shows we are all anxious to receive our copies shortly after Steve announces that they have gone out.

steve simmons
17-May-2007, 13:53
Thank you and I do take this as a compliment. It does pain me when delivery is slow.

steve

Michael Graves
17-May-2007, 14:15
Bummer. Still no magazine.

Louie Powell
17-May-2007, 15:24
Thank you and I do take this as a compliment. It does pain me when delivery is slow.

steve

Steve -

I am the Editor of a magazine, and the one thing I have learned is totally beyond my control is the effectiveness of the US Postal Service in getting it delivered to the readers.

I will say that they do a good job with credit card applications - I get two or three of those every day.

You do what you can do. I appreciate you magazine, and am looking forward to getting the May/June issue - - - whenever it arrives.

Ted Harris
17-May-2007, 16:24
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ... I gotta smile cause there is no sense in weeping ... you guessed it, I don't have mine either. Louie's comment is spot on. You can't do a thing about the USPS or about the choices the distribution company makes in terms of store placement ... you can suggest but that is where it ends.

Ted Stoddard
17-May-2007, 18:37
I have not received my new subscription yet neither.... but cant wait... postal is a new word for when we feel like delivering it we will after we raise the stamp price another zillion dollars...lmao....

Kerik Kouklis
17-May-2007, 18:38
Mine arrived today in N. California...

Louie Powell
18-May-2007, 09:19
Arrived today in eastern upstate NY.

Thanks for the new password arrangement. Now, when my wife does me a favor of taking the magazine out of the plastic wrapper, I can still access the web site.

Jeff Morfit
18-May-2007, 10:30
My copy arrived in today's mail here in Woodbridge, VA. Something to read on the train trip home this evening. :-)

Jim Chinn
18-May-2007, 11:17
Picked up a copy today at the Borders bookstore. Superb issue. Very nice, eclectic set of articles and portfolios. I have read a few articles/interviews recently about Shelby Lee Adams and the one in this issue is the best of the bunch.

Mike Castles
18-May-2007, 15:52
Now if it only would make it to North Texas....silly USPS, they can make you wait for so many things...

Louie Powell
18-May-2007, 15:55
Now if it only would make it to North Texas....silly USPS, they can make you wait for so many things...

Isn't North Texas considered an international shipment?:)

Michael Graves
18-May-2007, 17:48
Got it!! Came in with my Fly Fishing magazine and two lensboards. One of which doesn't fit. Oh well. The other one does.

Sylvester Graham
19-May-2007, 20:53
Hmm. Vermont? And I still don't have mine in MA? Blasphemy! I was always in favor of Massamont, and now I have one more reason.

Rafael Garcia
20-May-2007, 05:04
Not at Barnes & Noble last week. Will check again today. Atlanta, GA

darr
20-May-2007, 05:56
Received mine in the Miami FL area on Friday.

Barry Wilkinson
20-May-2007, 06:00
Arrived in London on the 19Th.

Thanks Walker Camera's.

Barry

kmgibbs
21-May-2007, 17:03
Still not in Seattle. Wonder if I can convert to the download version?

Mike Castles
21-May-2007, 18:01
Isn't North Texas considered an international shipment?:)

International must making it out now...Made it North Texas today!!:eek:

Scott Kathe
21-May-2007, 19:03
I got mine on Saturday here in VT.

Scott

Andrew O'Neill
21-May-2007, 23:26
Off to the local mag/bookstore tomorrow!

Herbert A Terbrack
22-May-2007, 04:55
VC Magazine arrived in Lansing Michigan yesterday, May 21, only a week or so after it was available at the local Barnes and Noble.

Henry Ambrose
22-May-2007, 06:02
VC Magazine arrived in Lansing Michigan yesterday, May 21, only a week or so after it was available at the local Barnes and Noble.

Which is why I stopped subscribing and started buying off the rack.
Not that VC is responsible in any way, but I either got mine after the issue hit the B&N rack or half folded and mutilated sometimes both. I finally got tired of the fine service I get from the USPS. They can deliver a bundle of coupon fliers that I don't want but not a magazine that I pay for.

Steve Simmons, have you ever thought of offering first class mail service?

Ron McElroy
22-May-2007, 12:32
I've never subscribed to View Camera because all magazines that come to my house get trashed by the USPS. I just buy it off the rack.

Which is why I stopped subscribing and started buying off the rack.
Not that VC is responsible in any way, but I either got mine after the issue hit the B&N rack or half folded and mutilated sometimes both. I finally got tired of the fine service I get from the USPS. They can deliver a bundle of coupon fliers that I don't want but not a magazine that I pay for.

Jerzy Pawlowski
23-May-2007, 08:55
Received today in Toronto (more precisely in Mississauga). VC as other magazines come here usually in good shape. However there are exceptions.

Or may be better, more rigid envelopes, something similar to Lenswork.

kmgibbs
23-May-2007, 11:37
Received yesterday in Seattle

JJ Viau
23-May-2007, 13:05
Received the new issue at the begining of the week in Germany through Mike Walker!

JJ

Leonard Evens
24-May-2007, 07:49
As of May 23rd, I still hadn't got my copy in Illinois.

steve simmons
24-May-2007, 13:14
Would you like us to send another copy?

steve

David Crossley
26-May-2007, 08:52
Got mine @ "With The Times" in downtown Calgary yesterday, looks like a great issue!

David Crossley/Crossley Photography....