PDA

View Full Version : Weight of Quickloads

Bill_1856
20-Apr-2007, 11:31
I've never used Quickloads, and wonder how much a holder and box of 20 sheets weighs (I presume there is a smaller interior box, like Polaroid 55, and one that doesn't have to carry the big cardboard box that they come in).

Ron Marshall
20-Apr-2007, 12:04
Paul Butzi has all of the info on his site:

http://www.butzi.net/reviews/filmholders.htm

Ted Harris
20-Apr-2007, 12:46
Bill, all you need to carry is the quickloads themselves .... they are in a sealed foil pack inside the box. I open the foil pack and throw it away and jsut carry the quickloads.

Bill_1856
20-Apr-2007, 12:46
Paul Butzi has all of the info on his site:

http://www.butzi.net/reviews/filmholders.htm

Thanks.

Ralph Barker
20-Apr-2007, 14:09
I think what Ted meant to say is you only need to carry one holder, either the Fuji Quickload holder or a Polaroid holder, and the Quickloads. I carry them in the box for protection, however.

Dave_B
20-Apr-2007, 18:41
The Fuji Quickload holder weighs 337 grams. A full box of 20 Fuji quickloads weighs 567 grams. Twenty quickloads without the box but in the sealed bag weighs 445 grams.
Cheers,
Dave B.

David_Senesac
21-Apr-2007, 16:08
Most of us that carry 4x5 gear a ways into the field either on day hikes or actual overnight backpacking have wondered about the trade offs of using Quickloads versus sheet film with weight being one of them. Film holders are of course weighty so for short trips like with day hikes one's box of Quickloads will both weigh less and take up less space than enough sheet film in the typical five to eight holders. The only other gear necessary is the QL holder. And if one is on a multi-day backpack, where reloading is necessary, Quickloads will again weigh less though as the number of boxes of film increase, sheet film can become less bulky given a few days of work. That despite the fact one needs to add in a field change bag, one exposed film storage box, and unopened fresh film boxes. The fresh sheet film can of course be stored much more densely with less weight. On top of the above weight - size issues are the ease of dealing with QL without loading, unloading, and worrying about dust and dirt on film, and its higher cost.

...David

Rider
21-Apr-2007, 16:41
I carry just one Polaroid holder and a bunch of Quickloads and Polaroid 55s in the Quickload box (because it's bigger).

I oftern have to clean the Polaroid holder though (because of the 55 goo), so I am considering purchasing a dedicated Quickload holder.