PDA

View Full Version : Which Silverfast to get?

Chris Strobel
19-Apr-2007, 17:36
Hi, can someone help me with which Silverfast version I should buy for my 4990.I'm assuming its the plain Silverfast AI verion that sells for 119.00.Also is the download version ok, or should I get the CD version?It says on their site:

'Please note that no CD, IT8 target or other physical goods will be delivered in case of a download purchase!'

I'm not sure if this is stuff I need.I'm scanning pretty much just 4x5 and 8x10 b&w film wet mounted with Lumina Super Fluid and Scanmax adapters.Thanks!

Chris

Kirk Gittings
19-Apr-2007, 17:48
You will not really need more than AI for scanning b&w unless you want to do the multipass noise reduction and Dynamic Range increase, which are useful but noy necessary and reduce sharpness some. AI Studio is what I use but most of the additional controls are used best on color. IT8 calibration is only useful for color transparencies. I download all of this software.

Chris Strobel
19-Apr-2007, 18:32
Ok thanks Kirk!

darrenvena
20-Apr-2007, 12:16
Chris,

Greetings from LaserSoft Imaging. I would say Kirk Gittings assessment is accurate about meeting your needs. If you would like a CD version as well as being able to download it, just email me and I will take care of it for you.

Thanks.

Darren Vena
US Marketing Manager
LaserSoft Imaging
darren@silverfast.net

John Berry
25-Apr-2007, 08:51
If you don't already have color mamagement, I recomend the version with it. If it is available. Without it somthing will eventually be bouncing off the wall.