PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Series by Sandy King in Silvershotz

sanking
18-Apr-2007, 15:54
I am pleased to announce that the first of a three-part series I authored on carbon transfer printing has just appeared in Silvershotz - Volume 4 Edition 1. Silvershotz is a UK based print journal of fine art photography. The series provides an over-view of carbon printing, but is more image oriented than technical.

Parts 1 and 2 of the series will focus on monochrome carbon printing. In Part 3, I will discuss the history and current practice of color carbon printing, with some color images by me and by four of the leading color carbon printers in the world (well, five in fact, since the four includes a husband and wife team from Sweden!!).

Most of my own work in this three-part series has not been shown before, either on web sites or in shows. In fact, all of the work in Part 1 is from negatives made in 2006 and 2007 and printed this year.

For more information, see http://www.silvershotz.com/magazine/index.php

Sandy King

Ted Harris
18-Apr-2007, 17:53
Congratulations ...

Kirk Gittings
18-Apr-2007, 18:15
Waaaay to go!

sanking
18-Apr-2007, 20:09
Hi guys,

Thanks for your support.

I am especially delighted to be able to highlight in this series the color carbon work of the artists who will be featured in Part 3. The amount of mastery required to do high quality color carbon work of the type that will be seen in the article is truly extraordinary.

Sandy

David Karp
18-Apr-2007, 21:45
Congrats Sandy.

John Bowen
19-Apr-2007, 03:30
Sandy,

Thanks for the "heads-up". Any idea when the magazine will start appearing in Barnes & Noble?

Contratulations Sandy

David A. Goldfarb
19-Apr-2007, 05:43
Congrats, Sandy, and thanks for the announcement. I pick up _Silvershotz_ occasionally, but maybe this is the year to get a subscription.

sanking
19-Apr-2007, 09:44
Sandy,

Thanks for the "heads-up". Any idea when the magazine will start appearing in Barnes & Noble?

Contratulations Sandy

John,

I don't know. All I really know is that the issue has been printed and is in the process of being distributed. I have a subscription which arrives by air from the UK but it is not here yet.

There does appear to be an attempt by Silvershotz to pay some attention to alternative photograhy. The previous three issues had a series on pt./pd. printing by Tilman Crane.

Sandy

Jerzy Pawlowski
19-Apr-2007, 10:07
I have subscription, find Silvershotz as a very good quality magazine, nice design, good articles, and improving every year. What's important, it is mainly silver and alternative material, digital is present only when useful in analog methods. Did not receive latest issue, however will look at Sandy series. Congratulations.