PDA

View Full Version : Tranquility in the Landscape Group Show

Brian Vuillemenot
6-Apr-2007, 11:27
Our group show of LF landscape photography, "Tranquility in the Landscape", will have its opening tomorrow, April 7, from 5:30-8:00 PM at the Canessa Gallery at 708 Montgomery Street in San Francisco. Wilbur Wong, a forum regular, has put in a huge amount of effort organizing and putting together this show, and he was generous to invite his LF colleagues to participate in the show. The images are all top-notch! We are a group of California LF photographers who get together several times a year on the road to make images, experience new territory, and discuss life in general. The show will feature images from Wilbur, myself, and the following photographers:

Mathew Blais
Mark Carstens
Gustavo Castilla
Claire Curran
Frank Lahorgue
Roger Aguirre Smith
Per Volquartz
Vinny Walsh

Many of us are forum regulars, and we look forward to meeting other SF Bay area folks that we've communicated with via the forum, but never met in person. If you don't have plans for tomorrow evening, we hope to see you there!

Vaughn
6-Apr-2007, 12:58
Hello Brian!

Great to meet you the other day up in my neck of the woods! Won't make the opening, but hope to see the show next week!

Vaughn

Brian Vuillemenot
6-Apr-2007, 15:50
Thanks Vaughn! It was nice meeting you as well. I hope you and Ed got some great photographs after I left!

roteague
6-Apr-2007, 16:39
I wish I could have gone. I spent a trip to Oregon with Per and Matthew, and a few others.

ageorge
6-Apr-2007, 16:49
I work over on Spear St. I'll have to go check it out over lunch one day.

I checked out the exhibitor details on the Canessa Gallery web site. Their arrangement seems strange. How does it work?

-alan

Bruce Watson
6-Apr-2007, 17:02
You guys on the West Coast have all the fun. Sigh...

abel
8-Apr-2007, 20:10
Wilbur, Brian.

Saw the show last evening during the opening and it is quite a great show. Outstanding images, organized and presented in a highly professional manner. Wilbur you and your crew are to be congratulated.

Frank, the Woodwind Quintet was superb and added a bonus and elegant touch.

Abel

roteague
8-Apr-2007, 22:17
Wilbur and I had some good times in Oregon a couple of years ago. I'm sorry I missed seeing his work.

ageorge
10-Apr-2007, 13:59
Just got back from a browse around the gallery. Very nice. Congratulations.

Brian Vuillemenot
10-Apr-2007, 14:50
Thanks everyone for checking out the show. I had a blast at the opening on Saturday, and look forward to doing it again!