PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a Gaoersi 617

Daniel Fuchs
23-Mar-2007, 07:19
Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum, but not to photography. In addition to my Roundshot Super 220 Panoramic camera I would like to get a Gaoersi 617. I't basic but has everything a camera needs.

But where would I buy this camera. What I found on the Internet does not sound very trustworthy. Both links www.gaoersi-camera.com and www.focus-dayi.com are (from what I learned) not official websites.

So, everyone who owns a Gaoersi 617: Where did you buy the camera. Which links and sites can one trust? I'd hate to spend a lot of money never receiving a camera.

Thanks for any hint and greetings from Switzerland!
Daniel

joephoto
23-Mar-2007, 10:55
Hi Daniel,
I purchased my camera off e-bay directly from Gaoersi. I don't know why you would say it's not a real website but you can ask for Mr. Poodley. Tell him eauster from NYC referred you. I love the camera, it's not a Technicardan but it's not $6,000 dollar either. Best of luck. Let use know how it goes.

Greg Lockrey
23-Mar-2007, 20:41
They are very trustworhy sites, Daniel. I purchased a 6x17 film back from Da Yi and recieved it in three days from China to Michigan. (They are going to take over the world with service like this.:) )

Vaughn
23-Mar-2007, 21:43
Had not heard of the cameras previously -- but the 6x24 (almost 10" wide for us Yanks!) would be a very interesting format!

Vaughn

Greg Lockrey
23-Mar-2007, 21:53
Had not heard of the cameras previously -- but the 6x24 (almost 10" wide for us Yanks!) would be a very interesting format!

Vaughn

6x17 is interesting enough. :)

MJSfoto1956
24-Mar-2007, 14:13
What I found on the Internet does not sound very trustworthy. Both links www.gaoersi-camera.com and www.focus-dayi.com are (from what I learned) not official websites.

send email to sales@focus-dayi.com and they will respond within a day or two. It typically takes several emails back and forth to get your order right. Once you agree on the items, they will send you an email with the total price and you then send them payment via PayPal. Takes about two weeks to ship to the USA.

Cheers,

Daniel Fuchs
25-Mar-2007, 05:55
Thanks to all of you for your response. Looks like you folks all got your cameras when ordering via gaoersi-camera or focus-dayi. So why shouldn't I? In the meantime I sent a mail to gaoersi asking if they needed the specific make of a lens or if the focal lenght is information enough (some people had a problem with the barrel an the film to flange distance). I got almost instant reply (must have been about 3 in the morning in China!!!) and it looks like Mr. Poodley knows what he is talking about. So, I would say: let's got for it! I let you know what happens. Thanks again for sharing your experience.
Daniel