PDA

View Full Version : Windows CS2 on the Mac Book

Jan_6568
22-Mar-2007, 12:57
Perheaps a bit silly question but quite relevant to my situation :(((: will Windows version of CS2 run on the Mac Book running Windows XP?

thanks,

Jan

Ted Harris
22-Mar-2007, 13:05
Can't think of any reason why not ... you need to use Bootcamp or Parallel or somethingsimilar to run XP but that is it.

Marko
22-Mar-2007, 13:07
Hi Jan,

It should, provided it is an Intel-based MacBook.

I never tried it, but based on what I hear, XP is running quite successfully on Intel Macs already, save for some inevitable glitches.

The upcoming OS X 10.5 (Leopard) is expected to allow Windows to run natively on the Intel-based Macs.

Jan_6568
22-Mar-2007, 13:16
Adobe does not include Duo Core processor in the system requirements list for Windows version. That is why I was asking.
I can get a good discount on CS2 from my university, as this is also my job tool but they would only buy Windows version and I have the Mac Book.

Jan

Marko
22-Mar-2007, 13:32
Jan, I believe Adobe provides significant educational discount for students or faculty.

It is your choice, but if I were you (and if you don't mind me saying), I'd go for the Mac version for a few bucks more rather than having to have Windows on my Mac. Having run Photoshop CS on both Mac and PC (my employer at that time would also have nothing but PCs), I will never willingly use Photoshop under Windows again.

Olivander
23-Mar-2007, 11:43
If you absolutely can't obtain an Intel-native copy of CS3 and don't want to run Windows on your Mac (I wouldn't!), you might want to try CrossOver (http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/). It allows you to run Windows applications within the Mac OS. Not all applications work, however, and CS2 is listed as "untested" in their compatibility list.

And I guess this is my first post. Hi, everyone!

--Alan

Jan_6568
23-Mar-2007, 15:19
thanks a lot,

Jan

Rob_5419
25-Mar-2007, 07:42
I guess the Windows XP version of Photoshop CS2 is cheaper than the Apple Tiger OSX version.

I'm running both on a laptop and an Apple powerbook. What I can say with confidence is that the Apple Tiger OSX photoshop version is more stable; faster to load up and never ever crashes.

I can't say the same for the Windows' version on 1.87GHz. I've had both for over 1/2 years btw.
Just thought you might be interested to know - there are similar reports of Photoshop CS2 stability on a Mac OSX which is why a lot of graphic designers and printing outfits prefer it.

scrichton
3-Apr-2007, 11:15
Ran it myself. XP flies in boot camp, but feels odd on a silver machine. I admit though as the time goes on with all these computing changes nothing beats windows 2000 1 gig of ram and a hefty processor on CS1 if no RAW stuff is needed.

Ahh back in the good ol days ...