PDA

View Full Version : lens board openings

bunster0
13-Mar-2007, 14:56
what are the sizes of the openings on a copal #0 and #1 lens board, I found one advertised with a 1 5/16 opening what size is this?

MPrice
13-Mar-2007, 15:18
Try here:

Lensboard Hole Sizes (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/lensboard_hole_sizes.html)

Vick Vickery
13-Mar-2007, 15:28
I always just measure the threaded shank on the rear of the shutter/lens that goes thru the hole and make the hole that size if I'm doing a lens with a lock-ring; if I'm doing one with a flange that is attached to the board from the front with 3 or 4 or 5 screws I measure the outside diamiter of the part of the flange that has to stick thru the board. There is really nothing difficult about mounting lenses on boards as long as you have a nut or flange to work with...its when those are missing that it gets hard, but still not a real problem: on these I make a hole of the right size to screw the threaded section of the shutter on the rear into soft wood (pine, etc.) so that the wood threads and holds the lens/shutter. This square of wood can then be glued onto the rear of the lensboard (or the front, for that matter) centered in a larger diamiter hole. Have fun! MAKE 'em work! :-)