PDA

View Full Version : For LINHOF TECHNIKA Owners Only!!

Sideshow Bob
1-Mar-2007, 00:53
If you have a Linhof sports wire finder kicking around you can put it to work as a lens shade. All you need is a couple of old dark slides, some black tape, and some industrial strength Velcro. What I did was cut the metal end off each slide with a utility knife then sanded them so they would be dull. One of the slides I cut in half and taped the pieces to the edge of the other one (both sides) so that they are at an angle. I then put the fuzzy side of some Velcro down the edges and a wide strip down the middle (see photos), I then made a strap of the hook half of the Velcro to hold the shade to the finder.

For normal and short lenses use the finder as shown in photo two. For long lenses turn the finder over as shown in photo three. You can then adjust it up and down and/or in and out.

Gale

GPS
1-Mar-2007, 01:37
Why on earth you need to destroy a dark slide for it is a mystery to me. Wouldn't a piece of cardboard do the same service with much less work?

Greg Lockrey
1-Mar-2007, 02:43
Come on GPS, don't you know Linholf owners are wealthy?:p

GPS
1-Mar-2007, 02:58
Com'on, it's Arca Swiss owners that are weatlhy ;-)

Greg Lockrey
1-Mar-2007, 03:52
Used to be the Sinar owners were. ;)

Frank Petronio
1-Mar-2007, 06:02
It's a good idea actually, thanks

I don't think Technika owners are wealthier. Maybe smarter tho ;-)

KenM
1-Mar-2007, 06:24
We're almost certainly poorer :D

Greg Lockrey
1-Mar-2007, 07:13
It's a good idea actually, thanks

I don't think Technika owners are wealthier. Maybe smarter tho ;-)

They just think they are.:rolleyes:

Frank R
1-Mar-2007, 08:51
I have an extra one of these Linhof wire finders laying around. Make me an offer.

Brian Ellis
1-Mar-2007, 08:56
Actually this is a very good idea despite the unclever comments it evoked. Thanks for sharing it. John Sexton has done this with his Technika (and look at the photographs he makes. : - ))

GPS
1-Mar-2007, 11:10
Thanks for sharing it. John Sexton has done this with his Technika (and look at the photographs he makes. : - ))

But then, John Sexton used a completely new slide for it (he is wealthy after all) bought at Marflex after having gotten the phone # from Bob S...

Ed Richards
2-Mar-2007, 08:54
Great idea!