View Full Version : Good Stuff from Ilford

John Kasaian
23-Feb-2007, 00:12
Lets see if I can get this link right:
photoformulary.com/Silver_conference_movies/Steven_Brierly.mov

AlaBill
23-Feb-2007, 03:55
John...

I can't get this link to load. Would you check it please.

Bill

reellis67
23-Feb-2007, 06:26
http://photoformulary.com/images/Silver_Conference_movies/Steven_Brierley.mov

John Kasaian
23-Feb-2007, 08:28
Thanks, reellis67----I am soooo computer illiterate! :0

AlaBill
23-Feb-2007, 08:51
John...

Thanks for the post. Very interesting information.

Bill

Michael Alpert
23-Feb-2007, 09:33
Yes, John, this is good stuff. The statement about controlling light and the physical nature of the silver print is at the heart of the work. Students love the craft because in their innocence and enthusiasm they understand it best of all.

John Kasaian
23-Feb-2007, 09:44
Whats really interesting is to compare this video with the one Kodak put out, and Kodak's Mr. Perez' statements with Ilford's Mr Brierly's. If these are any indication of how these companies are really operating---or at least how they perceive themselves as operating--- then they aren't even on the same planet!

evan clarke
24-Feb-2007, 04:34
Yep, Perez is a follower, Brierly and his colleagues at Ilford are leaders..EC

Zach In Israel
27-Feb-2007, 09:21
very nice stuff, I haven't used ilford film yet, I'll have to try some

C. D. Keth
27-Feb-2007, 11:20
very nice stuff, I haven't used ilford film yet, I'll have to try some

Definately, FP4 and HP5 are both wonderful stuff.

Bruce Watson
27-Feb-2007, 11:51
"Good Stuff from Ilford"

You mean "Good Stuff from Harman" surely. Ilford is the Swiss company that makes inkjet papers and stuff. Harman Technology Ltd. is the UK company that makes photographic films and papers among other things. Rumor has it that Harman is phasing out the Ilford name on the film and photo papers in a hurry.

Bobf
1-Mar-2007, 02:28
"Good Stuff from Ilford"

You mean "Good Stuff from Harman" surely. Ilford is the Swiss company that makes inkjet papers and stuff. Harman Technology Ltd. is the UK company that makes photographic films and papers among other things. Rumor has it that Harman is phasing out the Ilford name on the film and photo papers in a hurry. "Ilford" is far too good a brand name to drop I'd have thought. I do know that Harman only have the rights to the Ilford brand name for B&W photo products so anything they produce outside that range, such as their new Inkjet paper, can not use the brand "Ilford" so they use Harman instead.

Cheers, Bob.