PDA

View Full Version : Print Exchange Gallery On Line

darr
7-Feb-2007, 04:26
Anyone participating in the 2nd LF Print Exchange may upload their exchange photo in the 2006 Print Exchange category at:

http://gallery55.org/lfgallery/index.php

I have left the rating system intact in the gallery and would recommend everyone give themselves 5 stars immediately after uploading their photo. It is my intent to leave this gallery in place for future exchanges. With the help of Kirk Keyes, the 1st LF Print Exchange Photos have been included in the 2005 Gallery. Please do not have your photo exceed 750x750 pixels. Any combination within that range should work fine.

--

On a personal note, I recently received information about an upcoming corporate move pretty far from the area we are now residing in. As some can imagine, I am a bit overwhelmed at the moment. It is my hope that my immediate future gets much less stressful and I can once again return to LF. I hope all who view the print exchange really appreciate all the talent and camaraderie this forum brings together.

Kind regards,
Darr Boharsik

MIke Sherck
7-Feb-2007, 09:08
Photographs such as these remind me why I'm not a painter. So long as people are producing photographs like these, photography has nothing to worry about.

Mike

Kirk Keyes
7-Feb-2007, 09:08
Darr -

Nice work! But how about locking out the upload for the 2006 photos until they have been mailed out. I would rather see the prints in my hands before I have a chance to see them online. (And I'm sure I'll be temped to peek here and see what has been uploaded while I'm waiting for the prints to arrive...)

darr
7-Feb-2007, 09:46
Darr -

Nice work! But how about locking out the upload for the 2006 photos until they have been mailed out. I would rather see the prints in my hands before I have a chance to see them online. (And I'm sure I'll be temped to peek here and see what has been uploaded while I'm waiting for the prints to arrive...)

Hey Kirk,

OK, I will lock-out 2006 uploads until otherwise notified.

Best,
Darr

Patrik Roseen
7-Feb-2007, 09:55
Darr, thank you very much for making this possible!
I'm sorry to hear about your corporate relocation and sincerely wish you all the best and that you may return to LF soon!

I was tempted to peek into the 2006 gallery as soon as I realised there might be photographs there already, but managed to control myself.

Kind regards,
Patrik

(Oh, and I received the good news from Andy today that he had received my prints)

darr
5-Mar-2007, 10:13
As per an e-mail message request, I have opened up the LF Print Exchange Gallery for those participants to showcase and share their work. Here is the link:

http://gallery55.org/lfgallery/index.php

If anyone needs their info modified once it has been uploaded, please email me via this forum. As I stated in an earlier post, I have been overwhelmed with a move and some other personal business. Looks like I will be re-locating to the Santa Barbara, California area where I will happily be closer to my family. I have two properties to sell and a business to pack up as well, so please understand my absence. It is my intent once I am relocated and the the boxes are unpacked, I will once again be participating more in this wonderful forum. Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,
Darr

darr
5-Mar-2007, 10:45
A quick tech update about uploading to the Gallery at gallery55.org:

No larger than 750x750 pixels please!
<br> or <br /> are not necessary when composing lines of data for your tech notes; simply write your list and it will format automatically.
Give your self a rating of "excellent" after you upload because I SAID SO!! ;)

Capocheny
5-Mar-2007, 13:41
Hi Darr,

My apologies for posting the "Print Exchange" picture posting on here... I'd forgotten that you had kindly offered to do the same thing.

I've now posted mine and will direct others to post on your Gallery as well.

Thanks for doing this.

Cheers

Jeff Corbett
6-Mar-2007, 07:10
I have neither the technology nor the skill to post my photo into this gallery. Could someone volunteer to do this for me? Thanks, Jeff

Patrik Roseen
6-Mar-2007, 14:35
I have neither the technology nor the skill to post my photo into this gallery. Could someone volunteer to do this for me? Thanks, Jeff

Do not worry Jeff, I will gladly scan your print and upload it for you. If we are not in the same group , I'm sure someone else will do it.

alec4444
6-Mar-2007, 15:22
Oh, I'll do it.....unless we're not in the same group. Hey, what are the groups anyway?? Andrew, since you've sent them out already (no changing it, so whining won't do anything) do you mind posting the new group lists?

Cheers!
--A

Matus Kalisky
7-Mar-2007, 05:54
- darr -

hello,

I've just posted mine, but if you can, than please delete the empty lines in the description - I did not inted to put them there, maybe it's because of I am using mozilla...

thanks

Matus

darr
7-Mar-2007, 07:37
- darr -

hello,

I've just posted mine, but if you can, than please delete the empty lines in the description - I did not inted to put them there, maybe it's because of I am using mozilla...

thanks

Matus

Matus, I have removed all the <br /> tags. Maybe the program is making them automatically, I do not know, but I am cleaning a lot of the posts up from them. Not a big deal. Beautiful photo! Wish I could visit Prague. I hope so some day.

Kind Regards,
Darr

alec4444
13-Mar-2007, 19:47
Aww c'mon guys! There were something like 34 of us and there's only 18 photos posted!!!!! Let me know if you'd like me to scan and add yours and I'd be ahppy to do so.

Who took the pic of the plant that looks like a "succulent"? It's the only photo I have with no name/info/anything attached to it. Great shot, and I want to be able to attribute each photo to a person. This was printed on Fuji Crystal Archive with no borders...

Thanks!
--A

chris_4622
14-Mar-2007, 04:36
I don't have a scanner so if someone would be willing to scan my photo and email it to me or post it that would be great.

Chris

alec4444
14-Mar-2007, 05:23
I'd be thrilled to scan it for you, Chris. Are you the "AZO" Chris? =)

--A

chris_4622
14-Mar-2007, 12:52
Yes, I am. Did you get your package of prints already? I've been looking for mine to arrive but so far nothing.

chris

alec4444
14-Mar-2007, 14:27
I did get the package....your photo was amazing...first I've seen of AZO. Not good news that you haven't gotten yours yet...you're in VT right? Alan in NJ got his, I got mine (NY)...hope you get it soon.

I'll scan your photo when I get home.

Cheers!
--A

Eric James
14-Mar-2007, 14:41
I haven't received mine either - I expect the box will show up any day. I not sure which group I ended up in but I'm hoping to get a copy of With Open Arms, and a number of others that are currently in the gallery - especially Andrew's. Darr, did you make twenty identical Polaroids?

Patrik Roseen
14-Mar-2007, 14:49
Do not worry Jeff, I will gladly scan your print and upload it for you. If we are not in the same group , I'm sure someone else will do it.

Jeff, I received my share of the prints today from Andrew, and it seems we are not in the same group.

I hope someone else will help you scan and publish your photograph.

Cheers,
Patrik

alec4444
14-Mar-2007, 17:41
I'll scan your photo when I get home.

Update: This has been scanned and is up. Didn't have your email addy so I put in a fake one (sorry Darr). Didn't have a location either so I left it blank. If you want to fill in that info (location may be nice) send an email to Darr. Hope you're ok with me keeping the dimensions @ 5x7.

...hoping to get a copy of With Open Arms, and a number of others that are currently in the gallery - especially Andrew's.

You're in my group (yay!) but unfortunately that means you didn't get Andrew's (boo!). Can't wait to show my wife your photo when she gets back from her trip. We spent an evening looking at your photos and she's going to be delighted to see your pooch again!!! :)

Jeff, I received my share of the prints today from Andrew, and it seems we are not in the same group. I hope someone else will help you scan and publish your photograph.

Jeff, you're in my group. I'm on it. I may have to make two scans and stitch...I'll do the best I can. There's gonna be 17 unhappy people out there when they see they didn't get this one....

--A

alec4444
14-Mar-2007, 18:11
Jeff's image is up! Still hoping to find out who did the other plant shot:

Who took the pic of the plant that looks like a "succulent"? It's the only photo I have with no name/info/anything attached to it. Great shot, and I want to be able to attribute each photo to a person. This was printed on Fuji Crystal Archive with no borders...

Andrew, do you know? He's not in your group, but...

--A

JW Dewdney
14-Mar-2007, 20:10
I presume it's too late to get in on this?

alec4444
14-Mar-2007, 21:03
I presume it's too late to get in on this?

A tad bit...sorry.

JW Dewdney
14-Mar-2007, 22:41
No... it's cool. I assumed so. With what sort of frequency are you doing this? Bi-annually?

Deniz Merdanogullari
14-Mar-2007, 22:57
Got my package today and i have to say there are some great photographs.
I havent matched the names to photos yet but its a great mix..

Jeff Corbett
15-Mar-2007, 12:01
I would thank several of you for your kind offers to post my photo. Much appreciated.

Jeff

Eric James
15-Mar-2007, 14:58
How many mosiquito bites did you suffer to take that image Jeff? I have a similar composition (shot with 35mm) on my puny website - my skin surface area about doubled in the 40 minutes I was out shooting that day. I'd like to repeat the shot now that I'm more familiar with my 4x5 camera, but will wait until I can afford a Kevlar one-piece suit with hood.

http://www.purebredmutt.net/flora.html

A few days later the fern were too tall to obtain the necessary DOF.

Mike Boden
15-Mar-2007, 17:18
I received my prints yesterday. What a ton of fun going through them. I have yet to spend much time with them admiring and reading the notes. But soon...

Anyway, no need for anyone to worry about posting my image to the online gallery. I'll try and do that tomorrow.

Cheers!

Mike

Andrew O'Neill
17-Mar-2007, 13:31
Sorry alec4444, I don't remember who did the plant one...
I must apologize for my uploaded print. It does not reveal all the detail as does the print. My scanning is very weak, indeed. Mind you, it looked decent on my monitor.

Jeff Corbett
29-Mar-2007, 23:23
Eric,

I am seldom bothered by mosquitoes. I never use bug dope (DEET or otherwise), and I hardly react to their bites (and I have fed millions of mosquitoes). I don't like them inside my LF camera or sitting on my sheet film. To be honest with you, I don't even remember if there were mosquitoes around while I took that picture, though I know there were mosquitoes on that trip.
Thanks for the link to your photo. I always find it interesting to see another photo simular to one I have taken - knowing that they are 100% independant creations.

Jeff

Scott Whitford
30-Mar-2007, 15:50
I don't own a scanner, so I tried using a flatbed at work to scan my print so that I could upload it. No luck...the large expanse of deep black in my print drove the scanner crazy and I could NOT get a good scan. Maybe a junky scanner, maybe a junky operator....

Anyway, if someone with better scanning skills wouldn't mind scanning my print, I'd appreciate it. It's the one titled Lily Pads IR.

Scott

alec4444
30-Mar-2007, 20:12
Anyway, if someone with better scanning skills wouldn't mind scanning my print, I'd appreciate it. It's the one titled Lily Pads IR.

On it..............all done. Great image, Scott, thank you!

--A

Kirk Gittings
30-Mar-2007, 20:17
Congratulations, there is some really nice work there.

snuck
31-Mar-2007, 14:17
Eric,

I am seldom bothered by mosquitoes. I never use bug dope (DEET or otherwise), and I hardly react to their bites (and I have fed millions of mosquitoes). I don't like them inside my LF camera or sitting on my sheet film. To be honest with you, I don't even remember if there were mosquitoes around while I took that picture, though I know there were mosquitoes on that trip.
Thanks for the link to your photo. I always find it interesting to see another photo simular to one I have taken - knowing that they are 100% independant creations.

Jeff

YOU KNOW< I keep telling people this but it's worth repeating.... I accidentally melted my digital camera with Deep Woods Off

Eric James
31-Mar-2007, 14:35
YOU KNOW< I keep telling people this but it's worth repeating.... I accidentally melted my digital camera with Deep Woods Off

You’re right – DEET’s a darn good solvent! I use DEET on my clothes, and in this situation I dabbed some on my neck and hair. On my hands I wore Capilene fingerless mitts, pulled on after the excess DEET had been rubbed off on my pants.

Jeff, you are lucky to not be bothered much. I'm on record as claiming that the best mosquito repellant in the world is me: bring me along on a trip and you won't be bothered - but please, drop me off at the hospital on the way home. I'm type O+.

Snuck, if I remember, you're from Southern ONT. The thickest swarm I have ever endured was at the base of Cow Crag, across the highway from Rattlesnake Point (we had left Rattlesnake because of the flies:eek: ). You can have your beautiful land and most-excellent recreational opportunities, if that's how you treat your visitors:)