PDA

View Full Version : A great Deardorff Resource...

Capocheny
6-Feb-2007, 22:50
Greetings all,

Often times, we come onto the forum to vent our frustrations over a flea-bay seller whose ethics and practices aren't “all that they could be.” But, how often do we sing the praises of a seller who says what he does and does what he says?

Well, I purchased a restored Deardorff 8x10 => 5x7 reducing back from Barry Cochrane (alias: Attrevida) a short while ago and it arrived today - safe and sound. The packaging was superb and the cost of shipping was exactly what he quoted. After looking at the package, I had absolutely no worries or doubts about the quality of the refinished back. It was superbly re-finished and looked like it just came out of the Dorff factory. I couldn’t have been more pleased!

Anyway, Barry has registered a web site (http://www.deardorffparts.com) for future use. He mentioned to me that, within the year, he hopes to act as a clearing house where enthusiasts can buy, sell, and trade Deardorff parts. It will run the gamut from cameras of all sizes, to reducing backs, to replacement knobs, to lens boards, to adapter boards, to gear racks, and on and on and on.

As an additional service, he hopes to offer a re-finishing service including re-plating of those old and worn nickel parts on our cameras. In other words, everything needed to make our cameras new again!

So, it’ll be great to have another resource to keep our beloved Deardorffs up to snuff! ?

All right, all right… I’ll stop already! I’m just sooooooooo pleased with my new back!

Thanks again, Barry. :)

Cheers

Scott Rosenberg
6-Feb-2007, 23:04
Congrats on the find, Henry, and thanks for spreading the word on a reputable dealer out there!

Capocheny
7-Feb-2007, 01:24
Congrats on the find, Henry, and thanks for spreading the word on a reputable dealer out there!

Hello Scott,

My pleasure! :)

How are you acclimating to the climate up in this part of the world?

Hope you've been out doing some shooting regardless of the wet stuff. :)

Cheers

Scott Rosenberg
7-Feb-2007, 01:42
Henry, I was in Vietnam and China for the month of January, so I missed at least one month of the cold and wet stuff. I have been doing a bit of shooting... now I just need to get a scanner (or two) that will do an acceptable job on 4x5, 6x7, and 6x9 films!