PDA

View Full Version : 155 Grandagon f6.8...

Capocheny
23-Jan-2007, 02:42
Greetings,

For a Grandagon 155 f6.8 that is presently mounted in a Sinar Auto-aperture board (in other words, it's not mounted in a shutter,) is it possible to simply unscrew the elements from the board and re-mount them into a Copal 1 shutter?

I'm almost/pretty sure that this is the case but I need confirmation on this.

Thanks in advance for your input. :)

Cheers

Armin Seeholzer
23-Jan-2007, 04:54
Yes it is possible and just have to get the sticker for the f stops from Copal or Rodenstock!
I have it in a compur 1 electronic shutter and it is a very sharp lens and like it very much!
It is also heavy and you can also use it as wight for body training!
Good luck with it! Armin

Capocheny
23-Jan-2007, 14:35
Yes it is possible and just have to get the sticker for the f stops from Copal or Rodenstock!
I have it in a compur 1 electronic shutter and it is a very sharp lens and like it very much!
It is also heavy and you can also use it as wight for body training!
Good luck with it! Armin

Hi Armin,

Thanks for the note... :)

Cheers

Dave_B
23-Jan-2007, 16:01
I'll second Armin's recommendation. Performance is outstanding but it is a very large and heavy lens when mounted in a Copal 1. Mine weighs 3 pounds, 4 ounces. It never gets very far from the car.
Cheers,
Dave B.

Capocheny
23-Jan-2007, 21:21
Hi Armin, Dave,

Can't be much heavier than my Symmar 360 f6.8 with the gigantic 105 mm front element! :)

Cheers

erie patsellis
25-Jan-2007, 01:24
I have a 360 5.6 Componon, with a front mounted packard, I share your pain, and it doesn't go too far from the van, nor does the C1, either.

erie

Armin Seeholzer
25-Jan-2007, 02:22
"Can't be much heavier than my Symmar 360 f6.8 with the gigantic 105 mm front element"
Hi it has also 105 mm front so you can use the same Filters! ;--))))
Armin Seeholzer

John Berry
25-Jan-2007, 23:04
I'll second Armin's recommendation. Performance is outstanding but it is a very large and heavy lens when mounted in a Copal 1. Mine weighs 3 pounds, 4 ounces. It never gets very far from the car.
Cheers,
Dave B. I have a 480 5.5 Meyer Gorlitz doppel plasmat in beautiful shape that is at least twice that. I have been dying to try it, but I don't want to rip the standard off my V-8. I could take the front element off and have an 830 F-11 but I need to build an extention box for the back. What I need is like a copal No. 6.

Capocheny
25-Jan-2007, 23:17
"Can't be much heavier than my Symmar 360 f6.8 with the gigantic 105 mm front element"
Hi it has also 105 mm front so you can use the same Filters! ;--))))
Armin Seeholzer

Armin,

True... but if I had more than one lens of this size, I'd have to either hire a Sherpa or bring out the baby buggy jogging stroller! :)

John,

Your lens sounds like "major weight-lifting equipment!" :)

I recall seeing a huge, huge lens mounted on a Sinar P a few years back and this lens was so heavy that it had to have a special cradle built underneath to support the thing. THAT was an amazing sight! :)

IIRC, it was a 1200 mm, or something like that!

Cheers

vijayn
26-Jan-2007, 10:25
If you think the 155 is heavy, wait till you hold a 200 f/6.8 Grandagon in your hands. It makes a Copal 3 shutter look small.

John Berry
26-Jan-2007, 23:10
Armin,

John,

Your lens sounds like "major weight-lifting equipment!" :)

Ya think! I am thinking about a cradle though.

Ole Tjugen
27-Jan-2007, 07:17
I have a 480 5.5 Meyer Gorlitz doppel plasmat in beautiful shape that is at least twice that. I have been dying to try it, but I don't want to rip the standard off my V-8. I could take the front element off and have an 830 F-11 but I need to build an extention box for the back. What I need is like a copal No. 6.

I believe my 500mm f:5.5 Schneider-Göttingen Aerotar may well be even heavier. After all, you weren't supposed to mount the lens on a camera, but rather mount an airplane on the lens!

It seems to be a rather extreme Heliar derivative - 2+3+3 elements - and is one massive chunk of glass.

Jim Rice
27-Jan-2007, 07:51
My 360 Caltar-IIN seems reasonable now. Well, no, not really.