PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid T664 ISO rating?

orchisarts
21-Jan-2007, 04:10
can anyone help with a polaroid film stock rating question?

im shooting T664 on a polaroid 195. what ISO do you suggest i rate the film on the light meter? i currently rate it at ISO 40...but dont always get predictable results... especially in extreme lighting situations that are either very bright (at the beach) or dark (indoors, soft light but not darkness), my meter reads several stops off from the suggested aperature/ shutterspeed seen in the polaroid taken.

im trying to see if i should change my ISO rating of the film OR i may need to have my camera shutter speed tested/recalibrated. it has been a while. my light meter (sekonic L-358) is new, btw. any help would be fantastic.

many thanks.

martin

Walter Calahan
21-Jan-2007, 07:48
Everyone's meter is different, so one person's suggestion is not neccessarily the right one for you.

You need to test to see what works for your meter / shutter combination. Also Polaroid's contrast range does not match traditional film, so in extreme lighting situations you'll have to accept its limits.

That said, if you exposure is several stops off from your meter reading, then something is probably wrong. The meter can be off. The shutter can be too slow or fast. Or the aperture scale can be off. Again, this is were testing pays off.

First thing I'd do is have your shutter tested. Also check your meter against a meter that you know is accurate.

You'll find the solution.

orchisarts
21-Jan-2007, 15:45
many thanks for your fast reply. yes, i will be testing the camera...but just moved from NYC to london and i dont quite know where to go. i will figure that out this week!! many thanks again.