PDA

View Full Version : wider angle on Canham DLC.. recessed lens board

GSX4
18-Jan-2007, 13:57
This is my first post on this forum, and am pleasantly surprised that there is such active interest in this world anymore! Anyway, I currently have a Canham 45 DLC and am looking to use 6x9 graflok backs for convenience when I just want to head out and not carry tons of sheet film and holders with me. My question is this. I like wide angles for a lot of my landscape work, and would like a wider view for 6x9 format using this camera. I know that the bellows can interfere with movements even on a 58mm lens so going even wider is not really an option without a recessed board. I was wondering whether a recessed lens board with say a 47mm wide angle on it would cut the mustard for use as a 6x9 wideangle on this camera?

I have the Linhoff lens board conversion from canham and have seen a used linhoff recessed board for a reasonable price. Just wondering if this would work okay before I go and order it and a 47mm lens??

tim atherton
18-Jan-2007, 14:08
or you could get wide angle bellows - not as cheap though...

The problem with the recessed technika boards is they get tight and fiddly to work the controls

Does the canham still use the Toyo boards? (or were they just the same size but didn't fit..?)

One of the Toyo recessed boards might be a bit more comfortable to use (and not as expensive as the linhof I don't think)

tim atherton
18-Jan-2007, 14:11
"I have the Linhoff lens board conversion from canham"

do you mean you have a canham lensboard to technika adapter board - or the DCL with the Linhof/technika front standard?

GSX4
18-Jan-2007, 14:13
I have the Linhoff adaptor installed that Canham can supply, and I use all my lenses with linhoff boards for ease of use.

Barry Wilkinson
18-Jan-2007, 14:13
Toyo boards fit the Canham, but Canham boards don't always fit the Toyo.

Barry

tim atherton
18-Jan-2007, 14:18
I have the Linhoff adaptor installed that Canham can supply, and I use all my lenses with linhoff boards for ease of use.

after my answer I just wanted to make sure

I've used the Technika and the Toyo recessed boards - if I had the choice to use either, I'd pick the Toyo, just for the touch extra bit of room around the lens for working the controls. I've always found Technika recessed boards really fiddly