PDA

View Full Version : Fuji 180mm lenses...

Former Member 8144
13-Jan-2007, 11:07
Also looking at 180mm lenses I have found lots of great advice here regarding the various rodenstock and schneider models and had found a late a schneider apo-symmar at quite a good price.

I have also now seen the two fuji models:
The W 180mm F5.6 and also the compact A F9 180mm lens.
Both a have a good large image circle and the W lens seems similar weight etc to the rodenstock and scnediers but the A compact is almost half the weight.

Obviousely the F8 lens will be harder to focus but in terms of image quality how do these longer fuji lenses stand up..is it pretty much the same as most other lenses at this length..very similar image quality..or do they have any particular kind of reputation.

thanks.

steve simmons
13-Jan-2007, 11:52
I compared the 180W and the 180AS back n the mid 80s when I was buying lenses and fel the W was the better lens. I can't remnember if I shot transparencies and compared them or compared the aerial image. The 180W is a very nice lens and I have never felt the need to replace it.

steve simmons
www.viewcamera.com

Christopher Perez
13-Jan-2007, 13:23
The 180 A f/9 is a copy lens and performs outstandingly well, even wide open, even at infinity. It's very small and light. Recent versions are multicoated.

The 180 W f/5.6 typically has excellent quality too. Recent versions are multicoated.

Fuji makes wonderful LF lenses. I'm not aware of a dog in the litter.

...Obviousely the F8 lens will be harder to focus but in terms of image quality how do these longer fuji lenses stand up..is it pretty much the same as most other lenses at this length..very similar image quality..or do they have any particular kind of reputation.

Walter Calahan
13-Jan-2007, 16:31
I own the Fuji 180mm f/5.6 W. Would never think of getting ride of it. Wonderful lens 'cause it's small, bright, and perfectly sharp.

Former Member 8144
13-Jan-2007, 16:36
That is good to hear because I just bought one!

Thanks everyone for all your advice..now what to do about the 75mm..but thats another thread alltogether.

Marc

Jan Pedersen
13-Jan-2007, 16:40
Believe you will be happy with your 180 W. Just recently bought one from Gary Smith and it is as sharp as my 210 W very happy with both.

jan

David Karp
13-Jan-2007, 19:03
I have four Fujinons. I have yet to meet one I did not like a lot.

Gary Smith
13-Jan-2007, 19:08
Believe you will be happy with your 180 W. Just recently bought one from Gary Smith and it is as sharp as my 210 W very happy with both.

jan

Jan,

Thank you for the kind words, greatly appreciated as always!

Gary