PDA

View Full Version : Ansco Lens Board

John Cahill
11-Jan-2007, 22:47
Any suggestions where I can acquire a lens board for my 5x7 Ansco Universal View?

Vick Vickery
12-Jan-2007, 08:05
My inclination would be to look toward my tablesaw & router table. These boards are not difficult to make even with simple hand tools, but if you have access to or a friend with a table saw and router, they're a breeze!

Wayne
12-Jan-2007, 20:05
I dont recall if the 5x7 takes the same 6x6 boards as the 8x10. Probably not, but if it does they arent hard to find. Burke & James 6x6 also work. But if thay arent 6x6 they would be easy to make like Vick says

Wayne

John Cahill
12-Jan-2007, 22:27
Thanks Vick and Wayne,

Tools and I are not friends; but I shall give it a try. The board looks to be 5 3/8 square. Odd size.

Scott Sharp
12-Jan-2007, 23:50
John,

I have a couple of 5 x 7 Agfa Ansco's. My lens boards are about 5 1/4 inches square. Richard Ritter can make or provide lensboards to fit the Ansco's. I believe he said they are the same size board as for a 5 x 7 Wisner. Look him up on the web and give him a call. The Ansco's are a well made classic camera that deserve a well made lens board. Good luck.

Nick_3536
13-Jan-2007, 06:40
If you don't like tools I'd look for a Linhof adapter that fits. Then you could just pick up Linhof boards.

My 8x10 Ansco has a larger Linhof to 98x96mm adapter board mounted on it. This lets me keep all my lenses on 98mm boards no matter which camera I use.

John Cahill
13-Jan-2007, 12:15
John,

The Ansco's are a well made classic camera that deserve a well made lens board. Good luck.
That's good to hear about the Anscos. Truth to tell, I bought it years ago for the simple? reason it was made in Binghamton, NY, my wife's home town.

I'll check Richard out; also, the Wisner route. Thanks for the info.