PDA

View Full Version : Technika question

Randy Toole
10-Jan-2007, 06:15
Just acquired a Tech IV. When loading the film holder, is that sandwiched between the camera back and sprung loaded ground glass assembly, or do I release the ground glass assembly and just attatch the film holder to the camera? Sorry for such an ignorant question - my first endeavor in a long standing dream of getting into LF. Thanks in advance for any assistance !

Vick Ko
10-Jan-2007, 06:20
You insert the film holder under the spring loaded thing, so that the film holder sits between the ground glass and the great "empty chamber." The film is then directly in front of the lens.

Welcome to Linhof. What lens did you get?

Vick

Vick Ko
10-Jan-2007, 06:21
Oh, if you contact www.linhof.de, they can send you a manual.

Vick

naturephoto1
10-Jan-2007, 06:25
Just acquired a Tech IV. When loading the film holder, is that sandwiched between the camera back and sprung loaded ground glass assembly, or do I release the ground glass assembly and just attatch the film holder to the camera? Sorry for such an ignorant question - my first endeavor in a long standing dream of getting into LF. Thanks in advance for any assistance !

Hi Randy,

The film holder goes in under the spring loaded assembly. When in place the Ground Glass should be seen from the rear of the camera. Do not release the rear assembly unless you are going to use a universal or Graflock type reducing back. Universal or Graflock type backs lock in place by sliding the locks (generally to the right) to hold the back in place.

Rich

Randy Toole
10-Jan-2007, 06:31
Richard- I will be using the Kodak readyload system. So, still sandwich between camera and ground glass?

Randy Toole
10-Jan-2007, 06:33
Vick- It came with an early 1950s Schneider 90 mm Angulon. I plan on acquiring a Schneider 150 mm normal lens asap........

naturephoto1
10-Jan-2007, 06:35
Hi Randy,

Works with regular, Mido, Graflex, Readyload, Quickload, and Polaroid 545 series holders the same way. When loaded in place, the film should be in the same plane where the Ground Glass had been. The lens should be focused on the film just as it had been on the Ground Glass prior to the film insertion.

Rich