PDA

View Full Version : Galvin 2x3 lensboard question

Mike Adams
9-Jan-2007, 12:35
Have a couple of requests regarding a lensboard for my Galvin and am hoping that one of them are answered here :)

I am wanting to use a 120mm Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar on the camera but lack a lensboard. Does someone have a board for the Galvin that will work, that they are willing to sell?

SK Grimes can make one also although they do not have a reference for the board. Specifically, they are asking for notch dimensions of the board which they suspect are 1/8" square. Would someone confirm that dimension?

Searched some of the forum areas, ebay without success.

Thanks-Mike

JackG
9-Jan-2007, 14:56
I have one of those.. I'll check the lens board that I have.

Jack

Mike Adams
11-Jan-2007, 12:18
I have one of those.. I'll check the lens board that I have.

Jack

Thanks Jack, I have it. About 1/16".

Mike

JackG
12-Jan-2007, 07:50
I did check mine and the notches at two adjacent corners are 1/8". There are no other notches on mine. The board is 5 " square and about 3/32" thick and it has the two notches cut in from the adjacent corners on the "bottom" of the board. It would seem an easy thing to make if you could find a sheet metal shop with a metal shear to cut you some 5x5 blanks in sheet aluminum of the appropriate thickness. You could simply file the corner notches easily. Of course then you would need hole saw and a drill press and some flat black paint but you could mount as many lenses as you wanted.

Good luck
Jack