PDA

View Full Version : Meeting an Iconic subject of photography

domenico Foschi
9-Jan-2007, 10:07
First of All I would like to announce my first show of the New Year at the Norwalk City Hall gallery at the Cultural Arts Center on 13200 Clarkdale Ave in Norwalk.
The exhibit started the january 8th and will end january 31st.
The reception will happen this saturday from 5 to 7.30 pm.
The show combines my work to the paintings of my dear friend Ernest Lacy( http://www.lacyfineart.com/ ).
Now, one thing that I am also excited about is that the same day in Whittier at the Blue Bird Art House, there will be an opening of (I don't remember the first Name) the painter Gardiner. His work just moves me.This is a 82 year old artist with an incredible history, he made his living working for Disney when everything was still done by hand,he was an illustrator.
The juicy news for me and I hope for you is that his present girlfriend is the nurse being kissed by the sailor in the Alfred Eisenstedt image V-day.
She will be there at the opening from 4 to 7 and it's my intention to meet her.
I will be slightly late for my opening :o ....
If any of you in the area is interested, the Blue Bird Art House is in 6747 Bright Ave. Whittier, Ca 90601.

Eric Biggerstaff
9-Jan-2007, 10:11
That is cool, get a picture taken of her kissing your cheek! :)

Hugo Zhang
9-Jan-2007, 10:22
domenico,

So where will you be this Saturday evening? Norwalk City Hall Gallery or Blue Bird Art House?

Hugo

domenico Foschi
9-Jan-2007, 10:37
domenico,

So where will you be this Saturday evening? Norwalk City Hall Gallery or Blue Bird Art House?

Hugo

Hi Hugo, I gotyour emaill.
I will be for 1/2 an hour at the Bluebird and then I will rush to my opening, to be there by 5, right on schedule.