PDA

View Full Version : 30 Min. Audio Interview with John Sexton

Jim collum
8-Jan-2007, 23:47
A friend of mine recently interviewed John Sexton, and has a podcast up. It can be found at:

outback photo interview (http://www.outbackphoto.com/dop_interviews/john_sexton/essay.html)

and is well worth the listen

jim

Greg Lockrey
9-Jan-2007, 00:08
Thanks Jim. I really like that site. Many moons ago, Calumet used to enclose prints by Sexton with their orders. I think he was working with Adams at that time. The prints were made on some kind of special printing process which the name escapes me now. Still have a couple hanging in the "wet lab". BTW the Studio Tool kit that you sold me is doing a fine job. Very pleased.:) :) :) I am able to use a 65mm Angulon with it too.

Jay DeFehr
9-Jan-2007, 03:49
I wonder how recent this interview is? I would have liked to hear his comments on the new Ilford digital fiber based paper. I like that he acknowledges serendipity as an integral part of the creative process.

Jay

Doug Howk
9-Jan-2007, 05:21
I was disappointed in the interview - all those stupid digital questions. Of course Ansel Adams would, if he were alive today, be doing digital. At 105, I'd expect him to use something lighter ;-)
Sexton's book Recollections is marvelous, and I wish the interviewers had explored those images as to technique, choice, etc..

photographs42
9-Jan-2007, 08:56
I enjoyed the interview immensely. I have never met him, but I always thought that if I were going to take a photography seminar I would choose his. I think his view about digital images is generally similar to mine. I use digital for Architectural Photography and it is well suited for the end use of those images. For my own work, however, I prefer the traditional film and wet darkroom print.

Jerome