PDA

View Full Version : Velvia 50 is Returning - Rebranded Velvia II

Ben Chase
4-Jan-2007, 11:08
http://www.thephotostation.net/modules.php?name=News&file=showarticle&threadid=25940

I also got this in my Fujifilm professional "Cable Release" newsletter that comes out periodically.

This is good news for a lot of us that really enjoyed the ISO 50 version. I definitely like the 100 speed (not 100F) version, but old habits die hard!

It will be interesting to see how this new emulsion compares with the previous version.

Ben C

Mark Stahlke
4-Jan-2007, 11:17
Any idea what sizes will be manufactured? The article is a little short on details.

naturephoto1
4-Jan-2007, 11:22
We have known about this for months now. It will be interesting to see how the Velvia II 50 will compare with the original Velvia 50. We will have to wait and see and hopefully it will have almost the same color, results in different lighting conditions, etc.

Rich

Ben Chase
4-Jan-2007, 11:29
We have known about this for months now. It will be interesting to see how the Velvia II 50 will compare with the original Velvia 50. We will have to wait and see and hopefully it will have almost the same color, results in different lighting conditions, etc.

Rich

....Hopefully better reciprocity characteristics...etc.

Eric Leppanen
4-Jan-2007, 11:34
http://www.apug.org/forums/forum40/33570-fujifilm-re-introduce-velvia-50-a.html?highlight=velvia

Capocheny
4-Jan-2007, 21:05
Ben,

I'm, traditionally, a Provia / Astia shooter but will have to give Velvia II a try when it comes out.

Thanks for the heads-up! :)

Cheers

Ben Chase
4-Jan-2007, 22:29
Ben,

I'm, traditionally, a Provia / Astia shooter but will have to give Velvia II a try when it comes out.

Cheers

I haven't shot much Astia, but Provia is definitely one of my favorites. Anything I do at or after dusk is typically on Provia.

Dominique Labrosse
5-Jan-2007, 11:06
Ben,

Cheers

LOL I thought you were going to reduce the types of film you use in the new year. :)

Regards
DL

Alan Davenport
5-Jan-2007, 22:27
Of course it's coming back, and just in time. I thought I was out of the old Velvia, but a couple of days ago I was digging in the freezer and found a box of Quickloads. I'd hate to think I was using the last of the breed.