PDA

View Full Version : New Haven

paulr
3-Jan-2007, 08:43
next week I'm going to be driving my girlfriend up the east coast for medical residency interviews. We'll be stopping in Providence and New Haven, and I thought I'd wander around and take some pictures while she suffers.

Providence is familiar territory, but I'm wondering if anyone knows about interesting areas in new haven. I'm always a fan of the barren, the crumbling, the layered, the overgrown. I'm also interested in not getting shot or beaten to death.

Thoughts?

jhogan
3-Jan-2007, 10:03
the barren, the crumbling, the layered, the overgrown

Stop in and check out the Yale MFA student (and faculty) work..heh heh.

paulr
3-Jan-2007, 10:33
Stop in and check out the Yale MFA student (and faculty) work..heh heh.

i should have mentioned that i'm not interested in getting beaten to death.
;)

Brian Vuillemenot
3-Jan-2007, 11:13
The Peabody Museum at Yale is great if you want to photograph dinosaur skeletons and other natural history specimens. I'm not sure they will allow a tripod in there, but it's worth a try...

claudiocambon
3-Jan-2007, 16:36
When I was an undergrad there ages ago, I spent a lot of time wandering around at the edges of the port area, underneath the long bridge that goes over whatever small river is there: lots of train tracks, oil tanks in the distance. At the time it was real no-man's land, but maybe it's since been redeveloped, and maybe it's also become more fenced off post 09/11. It was pretty safe down there, unlike other areas of the city around Yale.

If you have time try to hit Sally's Apizza on Wooster St.: long waits, but the best pizza around!