PDA

View Full Version : pyrocat and development curves

Jim Rice
17-Dec-2006, 14:29
Is there any significant deviation from the nonstaining development curves (say DD-X) and Pyrocat-HD with respect to temperature and N+or-?

sanking
17-Dec-2006, 19:56
Is there any significant deviation from the nonstaining development curves (say DD-X) and Pyrocat-HD with respect to temperature and N+or-?

Not in the film curves themselves. The increase in CI with time is quite similar to what you see with traditional developers. However, the two types of developers will print differently in some processes, specificlaly VC silver papers, even when the film curves are identical.

Sandy King

Jim Rice
17-Dec-2006, 23:19
I'm trying to hold out for Lodima. And at this point I'm more concerned with temperature than + or -.

sanking
18-Dec-2006, 08:37
I'm trying to hold out for Lodima. And at this point I'm more concerned with temperature than + or -.

One controls negative CI with time and temperature with Pyrocat-HD just as one does with traditional non-staining developers. The only difference in terms of the film curve is that there is proportional staining with the Pyrocat-HD negative, meaning that it will have a higher effective printing contrast with blue sensitive papers such as AZO than a non-stained negative.The exact shape of a film curve is primarily determined by the film itself, but may also be influenced by developer and dilution.

The assumption is that Lodima will be a silver chloride paper with prnting characterstics similar to AZO 2 or AZO 3, probably closer to the later.

Sandy King