PDA

View Full Version : FYI: Adobe Releases Beta Version of Photoshop CS3

roteague
14-Dec-2006, 18:51
Not sure where this should go.... It is a product that a lot of people here use.

"SAN JOSE, Calif. — Dec. 14, 2006 — Adobe Systems Incorporated (Nasdaq:ADBE) will introduce a beta version of Adobe® Photoshop® CS3 software, the next release of the world standard in digital imaging, on Friday, December 15th. Adobe is delivering a widely available Photoshop CS3 beta to enable customers to more easily transition to the latest hardware platforms, particularly Apple’s new Intel-based systems. The beta is available as a Universal Binary for the Macintosh platform, as well as for Microsoft® Windows® XP and Windows Vista computers. The final shipping release of Adobe Photoshop CS3 is planned for Spring 2007. The software can be downloaded at:
http://labs.adobe.com , in the early hours Pacific Standard Time on December 15.

System Requirements

For Adobe Photoshop CS3 beta, recommended system requirements are as follows. For Macintosh: Mac OSX 10.4.8 or 10.5, 1 GHz PowerPC® G4 or G5 processor, Intel based Macintosh. For Windows: Intel® Xeon® , Xeon Dual, Centrino® or Pentium® 4 processor, Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or higher, Microsoft Windows Vista. Both platforms require 512 MB RAM and a 1024x769 resolution screen. Photoshop CS3 beta will expire soon after the launch of Photoshop CS3 in Spring 2007. Details on final pricing, system requirements and availability have yet to be determined.
"

naturephoto1
14-Dec-2006, 18:55
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the update. Just need to save more money for the upgrade. :(

Rich

David Luttmann
14-Dec-2006, 19:09
You can find a short write-up at:

www.outbackphoto.com

Looks like the tools are getting to be very refined!

Mike Boden
14-Dec-2006, 19:32
Has there been any information released on how much RAM CS3 will be able to access? I would like to see CS3 take advantage of 64-bit technology as well as not have any limit on how much RAM it can access. I can only hope!

roteague
14-Dec-2006, 20:43
Has there been any information released on how much RAM CS3 will be able to access? I would like to see CS3 take advantage of 64-bit technology as well as not have any limit on how much RAM it can access. I can only hope!

Probably not. I don't think it would be very easy to implement with the universal binary concept. Adobe would have to create a new binary specifically for the 64 bit chip. It would be nice however, since my laptop is 64bit.

Mike Boden
15-Dec-2006, 10:19
I asked John Nack this question and this was his response:

"Nothing has changed in this department. --J."

This isn't very good in my humble opinion.

squiress
15-Dec-2006, 10:42
Didn't find this on the site. Do you have to own and be registered for CS2 in order to see and download CS3 beta?

roteague
15-Dec-2006, 10:59
Didn't find this on the site. Do you have to own and be registered for CS2 in order to see and download CS3 beta?

They probably haven't put it up yet; today is supposed to be the day. I believe you do have to be an owner of CS2 to install it.

Jack Flesher
16-Dec-2006, 08:21
It's out. There's a thead over in digital processing that has some links. FWIW, it is about 20% faster on my PC during heavy lifting than CS2 was and it loads about 10x faster, so they've clearly at least done some optimizing...

Cheers,

Ted Harris
17-Dec-2006, 07:10
Yes, you do have to own CS2. If you don't have a legit serial number to enter then you will have only a 3 day trial.

Keith S. Walklet
17-Dec-2006, 12:09
There are also some great, FREE video tutorials already available to help familiarize users with the new software at:

http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=327

http://www.photoshopuser.com/cs3/index.html

Rider
17-Dec-2006, 14:29
Is it possible and easy to go back to CS2 after trying CS2?

Lazybones
17-Dec-2006, 14:45
Is it possible and easy to go back to CS2 after trying CS2?

You just opened a black-hole with this paradox.

John Flavell
17-Dec-2006, 14:53
i found this link to the forums to be helpful.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/categories.cfm?forumid=72&catid=626&entercat=y

Eduardo Aigner
17-Dec-2006, 14:58
CS3 is faster than CS2 on my old G4 Cube. Much faster.