PDA

View Full Version : Anyone read MagnaChrom?

DanJones
28-Nov-2006, 18:51
Supposed to be a new e-magazine for medium and large format photography. I heard about it on a Lenswork podcast.

Jorge Gasteazoro
28-Nov-2006, 18:58
Supposed to be a new e-magazine for medium and large format photography. I heard about it on a Lenswork podcast.

Check it out for yourself, register and download the pdf.

http://www.magnachrom.com/

Eric Biggerstaff
28-Nov-2006, 19:09
I read it and it is nice. The second issue is about to come out.

roteague
28-Nov-2006, 21:43
I downloaded the first issue, but it seemed to be only about digital, which doesn't interest me very much. I'll reserve judgement until I see a couple more issues.

Gordon Moat
29-Nov-2006, 01:07
The writing flows nicely, and it is an easy to read tome, despite being a PDF and not a printed magazine. I think the fonts sizes and overall design could use a bit of work, though as a launch and first effort it is better than many long running publications. Give it a test drive.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio (http://www.allgstudio.com)

roteague
29-Nov-2006, 10:27
The writing flows nicely, and it is an easy to read tome, despite being a PDF and not a printed magazine.

I agree, it seemed like an easy e-magazine to read. However, since the first issue seemed to only be about scanning backs, the questions remains as to if the magazine will be friendly to film, or will it consider film to be the b****** stepchild of photography as a lot of photography magazines do these days.

Eric Biggerstaff
29-Nov-2006, 13:12
They will be doing articles on more traditional, film based B&W and color as well.

sanking
29-Nov-2006, 18:03
They will be doing articles on more traditional, film based B&W and color as well.

I am working with the editor for an article on carbon printing. Not definite yet, but looks like it will happen soon.

Sandy King

BrianShaw
29-Nov-2006, 20:25
I'm waiting! :)

Capocheny
29-Nov-2006, 21:39
I read it and it is nice. The second issue is about to come out.

I concur... it's a decent read!

I'm looking forward to the second issue as well. :)

Cheers