PDA

View Full Version : Need a drawing for a Thornton Pickard roller blind shutter

Richard Årlin
24-Nov-2006, 03:25
Building a Sinar lensboard-sized Thornton Pickard roller blind shutter for a 400 mm f/4 barrel lens. Anyone in the forum willing to share a drawing of the mechanics and construction ? I wouldn't want to re-invent it obviously.

Thanks, Richard

Ole Tjugen
24-Nov-2006, 03:36
So what about retro-engineering one?

I have a really bad one - rusted stuck it the least of the problems - which I got with a bunch of other stuff. Want it to play around with?

Richard Årlin
24-Nov-2006, 03:46
Sounds like a nice offer. I'm quite handy as a woodworker etc. The lens is without an iris (it comes with holed plates like an Imagon) so I'm particularly interested in how the springtension is changed to be able to vary the speed a bit. I also think I'll make a slot for ND gels. I live in Sweden... would you let me borrow it for a while to figure it out maybe... Cheers, Richard

Ole Tjugen
24-Nov-2006, 03:48
No problem Richard. Send me your address and I'll drop it in the mail tomorrow!

Richard Årlin
24-Nov-2006, 03:56
Sent to your mailbox, very nice of you, "Mange Takk"

BrianShaw
24-Nov-2006, 06:58
Richard,

PM me an email address and I'll send you PDFs of Thornton Pickard shutter patents, with drawings.

Brian

Richard Årlin
25-Nov-2006, 03:24
Gee folks, thanks a lot

Richard

scrichton
23-Apr-2007, 17:14
I've just aquired one. So any drawings people could pass me too would be great. I think I'll be in the same boat as richard for making a homebrew monster sized one for a big fast lens.

Steven

Asher Kelman
16-Feb-2008, 20:09
[QUOTE=scrichton;236509]I've just aquired one. So any drawings people could pass me too would be great. I think I'll be in the same boat as richard for making a homebrew monster sized one for a big fast lens.

So did drawing appear?

I am trying to rebuild one shutter.

Asher

Bob Jones
26-Feb-2008, 18:14
I ran across this awhile back. No drawings, but lots of photos and some good info.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~paulewins/resources/tp_shutter.htm