PDA

View Full Version : Canvas for Epson

QT Luong
16-Nov-2006, 21:49
I've finished my first roll of Epson (regular) canvas, and at this point, I am looking for a better solution. In particular, what I didn't like about the Epson canvas is that it has some horizontal banding, and that it requires coating or lamination. Anyone used something else successfully ?

Kirk Gittings
16-Nov-2006, 22:35
Do you not get banding on regular papers at the same settings (except paper profile of course)? I don't use canvas, but I have to run mine at 1440 8 pass or higher (2880) to avoid banding on many papers.

darr
16-Nov-2006, 22:53
QT,

We use Legion Premium Canvas for art reproductions in our retail sales (not photography; illustrative art). We do not print over 11 x17" and they then get custom mounted into a wood frame. Our printer is an Epson R2400. We have not had banding, but we also are not using a roll feed instead sheets @ 19 mil, matte, and water resistant.

QT Luong
16-Nov-2006, 23:24
No, I don't have banding on paper (BTW, I use the 9800). I always use 1440 unidirectional.

John Brady
17-Nov-2006, 06:31
I have used a couple of rolls of epson canvas with my 7800 printer.I have not experienced the banding you refer to. I am printing aprox 22x28in. I am using Image Print with the phatte black set up. I have not coated the finished prints either. The thing I don't like about the epson canvas is the high gloss level. Does the coating you use de-gloss the finished print or just protect?

I like the ease of do it yourself framing (just stretch and hang), but I would like to find a better quality canvas.

Greg Lockrey
17-Nov-2006, 07:22
I never had the problem you discribed, but then I use 9600's and I also use bidirectional at 1440 dpi. Make sure your heads are cleaned.