PDA

View Full Version : MINOLTA SPOTMETER F Problems

Harry Yaglijian
30-Oct-2006, 13:36
Has anyone experienced this problem? Please don't ask me why, but I have two Minolta Spotmeter F's that were sitting idle for about a year or so. I installed a fresh AA alkaline battery in each, but neither meter will register a ambient reading, (I don't use strobe). Both meters act in precisely the same way; the LCD display will appear, the internal illuminator will light up, and all the UP and DOWN functions operate, but neither meter will register a reading. Is there a trick to resetting these meters? The manual is silent on the reset issue. Please pardon the pun, but I'm in the dark on this matter. SONY's Minolta techinical support folks suggest that I send the meters in to them for a $111.00 per meter repair. I wouldn't object to that, but since both meters are exhibiting identical failure symptoms, I want to ascertain if the problem is pilot error and not the fault of the meters. Has anyone experienced this failiure, and does anyone have a suggestion as to how to get these meters up and running again? Many thanks, Harry Yaglijian

GPS
30-Oct-2006, 13:42
Are you sure you don't have the display set on the ISO settings? Just a first thought, sometimes it surprised me by "not working" because of this trick - after a longer time of using other type of spotmeter...

Harry Yaglijian
30-Oct-2006, 14:14
GPS...Thank you so much! You're exactly right, that was the problem. I had a feeling that it had to be something that I was missing. Seems obvious now, but then I frequently miss the obvious. Thanks again...you really helped me!

Cheers!
Harry

GPS
30-Oct-2006, 14:26
I'm glad it helped! Cheers!