PDA

View Full Version : Gaoersi 4x5 Camera - Any suggestions for wide lens

R Mann
21-Oct-2006, 11:51
If you were to put one wide angle lens on a Gaoersi 4x5 camera - which one would you suggest?

I am thinking about a wide angle between 75mm to 105mm - light weight and small filter size, but also enough coverage to take advantage of the lens shift built into the camera. Lens speed would not be too important as I will be using a tripod most of the time.

Kirk Gittings
21-Oct-2006, 14:59
What are you photographing?

MJSfoto1956
21-Oct-2006, 15:59
If you were to put one wide angle lens on a Gaoersi 4x5 camera - which one would you suggest?

I am thinking about a wide angle between 75mm to 105mm - light weight and small filter size, but also enough coverage to take advantage of the lens shift built into the camera. Lens speed would not be too important as I will be using a tripod most of the time.

I have the 75mm Rodenstock Grandagon and it works very well with the Gaoersi shift. I'm still not 100% sure if they support shift beyond 90mm (their website is confusing for sure). So I think you might want to not consider the 105mm.

Not sure if you were able to see the review in the premiere issue of MAGNAchrom, but there is a lot of information there about the Gaoersi 4x5.

Cheers,