PDA

View Full Version : measurements of linhof?

zippy
15-Oct-2006, 18:48
Can someone exactly measure the dimensions of the 4x5 opening. To do this may require taking the back off and measuring from the inside of the camera instead of removing the GG. I want to know the size of the image rectangle.
I'm hoping that the technica is the same as the technikarden etc. but that might not be true. Whoever does this-- THANK YOU
David

MJSfoto1956
15-Oct-2006, 18:57
AFAIK, all modern Linhof 4x5 Kardan cameras (including the Technikardan) use the same design interchangeble groundglass back. Mine measures 3.75" x 4.675" opening as measured with a micrometer.

robc
16-Oct-2006, 05:04
118mm x 95mm technikardan.
But the image rectangle is determined by the film holder which replaces the inside of the back when you insert it so the size of the hole in the back does equate to image size.
And if its for GG then its fits from the other side and is bigger than the hole so what does knowing the size of the hole tell you.

Bob Salomon
16-Oct-2006, 07:12
The TK and the Technika and the Kardan 45 cameras all use the same 001615 Ground Glass Frame.

The opening in the body of the Technika has a round circle around the opening that just clips the corners of the frame outside the image area but still in the film area. On later TK and Kardan cameras the corners of the frame have been extended so they are not cut off by this circular track which is still on the camera except is unfinished since the back on a TK and a Kardan does not revolve 360°.

On older TK and Kardan cameras the cirle cuts off the scorners the same way as it does on the Technika except the circular track on the Karda and TK are not polished and chrome plated as it is on the Technika.

So the image are may or may not be the same if you are looking at the part of the film the circular track cuts off. Depends on how old the TK is.